Anybody have this problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Imnoangle, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I was out of town this weekend to visit my father, I was laying on the floor. I tried to sit up and couldn't do it. I tried to roll over and I couldn't do it. My father is not a healthy man and he had to help me up off the floor. It was very upsetting to me to see my father upset that I could not get up. My father understands the pain I'm in, but I never thought it would be like this. Thanks for all you support. I found this site on Friday and everyone has been very helpful and supporting. I hope everyone is well today.
  2. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I was out of town this weekend to visit my father, I was laying on the floor. I tried to sit up and couldn't do it. I tried to roll over and I couldn't do it. My father is not a healthy man and he had to help me up off the floor. It was very upsetting to me to see my father upset that I could not get up. My father understands the pain I'm in, but I never thought it would be like this. Thanks for all you support. I found this site on Friday and everyone has been very helpful and supporting. I hope everyone is well today.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We can have moments of muscle weakness which prevents us from being able to get up. It may or may not coincide with pain. I fell when this happened as I was trying to step up on a stool to reach something.

Love, Mikie
  4. Dots

Dots New Member

Yes I do it hits me at different times,and its a bad feeling too. Hope you are having a good Monday. Here is a soft Hug for you from me. ;0 HUG>>>>>>>>>>> to you. Dot
  5. Dots

Dots New Member

Yes I do it hits me at different times,and its a bad feeling too. Hope you are having a good Monday. Here is a soft Hug for you from me. ;0 HUG>>>>>>>>>>> to you. Dot
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I am told this is fairly common. It has happened to me on more than one occasion, usually when I try to get out of bed in the morning. The first time I got stuck on the floor, my husband was away from home and I didn't know what I was going to do, as I couldn't even get to the phone to call the neighbor. My German Shepherd was in at the time and he came over and nuzzled me and I grabbed his collar and he pulled me up. I have since bought him a harness and you'd better believe he goes with me whenever my husband doesn't. I am presently looking for a suitable puppy as an understudy, as Stealth is 10 years old and gettting weak in the hindquarters. I don't know how you personally feel about dogs, but I highly advocate their use, and a service dog is able to live in apartments that do not allow pets, and go anywhere you do. There are no requirements on who trains the animal, but it must be at the very least obedience trained. Training specific for your needs can be done by you or any trainer that you select. There are several agencies that train dogs for people who need them, and their training is need specific. Most of their dogs are shelter rescues, so you would actually be saving each others' lives. Hope you don't have too many more wpells like this. They can be quite frightening, but they are usually self-limiting, if that is any consolation.
    Kathryn