Anybody hear about Fibro/Vitamin D link?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WillieCash, Oct 16, 2008.

1. WillieCash

WillieCash New Member

My wife is 27 and has really sever Fibromyalgia.

We went to a new doctor yesterday who says that some of the people that come to him for treatment for Fibro, end up having a deficiency in Vitamin D.

Furthermore, he said that a few of his patients have started a regimen on Vitamin D3 and some are totally better after three months.

He did say that the deficiency isn't necessarily the cause of Fibro, but from what he has seen a lot of people that have been diagnosed with Fibro have gotten better because of this "treatment". He took a blood test and we have an appointment in a few weeks to go back and see if the deficiency is present. In the meantime, she is taking 2,000 IU of D3 a day in hopes it will help her out.

Upon studying, I found that most of the population of the "civilized" world is D deficient. Since we spend so little time in the sun anymore, we can't manufacture what we need.

While the deficiency and Fibro may not be the same thing, nearly all of the symptoms are similar. I would think that if most people are deficient in this regard, it should help at least a bit.

I will keep you guys posted on how it goes, but I was wondering if anybody else had gone through this?

I knwo we all seem to fall into the "miracle cure" trap from time to time. We tried the Guafenisen treatment for two years with minimal results.
  2. WillieCash

WillieCash New Member

Thanks for bumping the other thread.