Anybody here got the Twitchies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 6t5frlane, Jul 20, 2006.

1. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

Calves,feet,arms and sometimes hands......
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Yeah, I got 'em. Dumped an entire bowl of cereal in my lap the other day. Seems to happen when I get tired.

My doc wants me to see a neurologist. I'll let you know what happens.

God Bless.
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Till I came here, I thought I was nuts.

My legs are the main culprit.

Different parts of my body jumps and jerks when ever it feels the urge.

I even keep my hubby awake because of it.

4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

6t5frland:

For me: off to the neurologist at 4:30 manana. He said if the twitches become 'intrusive'....come see him.

And I am.

nyrofan
  5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

nyrofan, let us know how you make out. I too have been down that road
  6. jarjar

jarjar New Member

What you are describing is classic lyme symptoms. 50% of lyme patients don't even remember even being bit by a tick. Something to think about...I wish someone had told me of this ages ago.
  7. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

I have found Ultram helps sooo much 100mg every 4 hrs the worst is at night really helps there. Ultram NOT great for pain.
    Amy
  8. gongee

gongee New Member

Sure do, mainly in the calves of both legs.

Doctor wants me to try Ultram CR. Not really crazy about it since I didn't do very well on the regular due to dizziness. So maybe I will and maybe I won't.

I was also told the the twitching may be referred from my lower back pain. At this point, who knows? They are all guessing.
  9. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

I had a lot of that when I was first diagnosed with FMS. Then I was also diagnosed with RLS. I found that the klonopin I take at night for that, it takes away the twitches too.

Kat
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

6t5lane:

I will report back about the neurology visit tomorrow.
    I got two prescritions from the Urologist today, but I do not care. I will attack this disease from every angle until I can live comfortably, which I know is possible and do have days of.

I picked up nine prescritions today, handed in two new ones,
    and am waiting for the 26th to pick up two more.
    That's thirteen meds per month.

At least they know what they are treating: FIBROMYALGIA.

love,
    nyrofan
  11. hdrider77

hdrider77 New Member

My arms jerk forcefully about 8 inches. At one time a doctor gave me Neurontin 300mg for something and I found that it will stop the jerks for me. I was at the bank signing a slip when my arm jerked the pen flew and hit the bank lady in the next line. I was so embarressed and apoligetic but it looked like I did it on purpose to her... no understanding out there.................
  12. MsE

MsE New Member

left eye lid, spot on my back, hands.
  13. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

gongee, How often in the calves. Mine never seem to stop for very long
  14. jsholden

jsholden New Member

I get hand twitches and facial twitches. I happens most when I get fibo flare ups. My triggors are usually lack of deep sleep or emotional stress.
  15. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

Does anybodys get worse after they use those muscle groups?? After I walk my calves go crazy
  16. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

When I saw this title I thought it said Twinkies! I am having a terrible time reading lately, but it does make for a lot of giggles!

I don't have twitchies or Twinkies, but I think I would rather have the Twinkies!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  17. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

Hands, shoulders, legs, face.

Sometimes the whole body jerk thing.
  18. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Yes and I have RLS but the movement can be caused by some of the meds we take. I can only take a tiny dose of Mirapex. When I tried to gradually increase it to stop the RLS, my limbs would jerk uncontrollably. They would move probably as much as a foot and it would be worse at the times my body would start to relax as if going to sleep or during sleep.

I can identify with the person throwing a pen. Now I just have trouble keeping my legs still mainly.
  19. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane New Member

I do not have that big jerk thing, just movement that can be seen. Kinda goes up and down or flutter. Like I said my calves are the worse. I had to walk some last night and they are extremely sore today and of course are twitching....