Anybody here have Fibro AND OCD?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachbunnee, Dec 3, 2005.

1. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

My OCD factors into my fibro, because I obsess about my discomfort at times and I obsess and worry about trying new vitamins or pills or herbs. Worrying they will make me worse or feel yucky. I worry if the quality is good....or is it really helping? What if I can't keep working.....? etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.....

My meds help my OCD, but it's still there everyday to some extent.

Can anybody identify?

Just feeling kinda bummed....

peachbunnee

2. dizzymindy37

dizzymindy37 New Member

i have ocd and fm. i had ocd way before fm. they both make for a vicious cycle. i took amoxicillin when i was little and had a bad reaction to it. now when i take a new medicine or want to try a herb or something, i generally dont ever end up taking it for a fear of a bad reaction. i get all worked up about it. its insane. i wonder how i ended up with 2 weird diseases noone understands please write back thanks mindy
  3. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

So nice to hear from someone that understands the vicious cycle of not only FM but OCD as well. Either on it's own is no fun, but combined it can make things even more of a challenge.

{{{{{{ BIG hugs to you }}}}}}

feel free to e-mail me.....

[email address removed as per rules]
  4. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

I have both along with attention deficit disorder. I actually believe that the ADD/OCD somehow caused my fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is supposed to be a central nervous system disorder. I could never sleep because of the mind-racing and I think that caused fibromyalgia.

I have just the opposite type of OCD from you. I will try any type of pill available trying to get relief. I don't have a minute's worry about the effect. I know that it probably won't kill me and I will get over any side effects.

I am thankful that Cymbalta came along and helps fibromyalgia, OCD and ADD. It has really been a godsend for me. I do have a worry that it will stop working some day.

OCD is called the "doubting" disease. Our motto is "what if?"
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Peachbunnee,
    This is a good post.
    I just realized a whle ago that I've been going arund with a mild form of OCD almost all of my life. I realized it when I was listenng to Dr. Phil. I always thight I was just "conscientious".

I have trouble with worrying, too. I don't take meds for it, because I have bad reactions frequently, but I do meditate. The resulting peace (albeit occassional) helps me deal with the OCD.

God luck to you.
    Terry