Anybody Here Play Video Games?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I got a Wii Fitness Plus system to try to keep in shape physically when I was working and couldn't always get over to the pool or go for a walk. Since they, I've picked up a few games for it but I suck at it. I think it might be a really good thing for my pea brain to keep trying. I have to get on it because my five-year-old grandson will be coming down and he has already played on the Wii with one of his sitters. I don't want to beat him but don't want to look like a dottering old grandma either.

Do I just keep at it? Will I get faster and better? Yikes! It scares me.

I just went to Amazon to check out the Epic Mickey game and was looking at the collector's edition. I wanted to find out more about it but ended up buying it with one click accidently. It comes with an extra controller, so it's a really good deal. I'll need the controller when Andy comes down so we can both play. I could have cancelled the order but figured, in the long run, it's a good buy.

Love, Mikie
  2. Toga

Toga Member

We have one in the downstairs room (I don't know what to call it because its not finished yet, guess its going to be another family room.) Anyway we have one and the grandkids play with it when they are here. They really seem to have a good time.

The three year old plays with the teenagers and there's lots of laughing and screaming going on. The only thing I've tried is bowling and I was awful. But it was fun. Oh yeah, we played another one but I don't know for sure what it was, some kind of a Family Feud thing. It was fun too.

I can't keep up with all the new electronics but my kids and grandkids keep working on us. I just love hearing the laughter especially when they are all playing and laughing. I sure hope no one gets hurt.

Keep trying Mikie, you'll do fine.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I played "Where The Wild Things Are." Like I said, I suck but the longer I tried, the better I got.

I really didn't get it for gaming; I got it for working out and it's really good for that. I think anytime one does a workout, there is potential for injury. The nice thing about the Wii is that you can do gentle exercises, like Yoga, or play the sports, like tennis, which will work up a sweat. One thing I don't like is that some of the sports are not realistic. I've skied all my life and when I tried to do my moves on the Wii skiing game, they didn't work. I have to remember that I'm not trying to replicate skiing; I'm playing a video game.

Now, I'm excited to get my Epic Mickey. It's my Christmas present to myself.

I'll bet when my kids and Andy and I all get to playing the games, there will be some racaus laughter going on too.

Love, Mikie
  4. paulac7

paulac7 Member

I have a Wii--and play it to some extent--some of the games are quite 'catchy' for lack of a better word....Me and the man have some wicked tennis matches--he cheats and 'spikes' the ball somehow. The dogs hate it, and they just look at us jumping around like idiots and they start jumping too....Good times

But my true love is my PS3!!!!

Nothing is a better stress reliever than to sit down and 'blast away' at stuff!! I am a Call of Duty addict, and am proud to say that I have played (and beaten) ALL of the Grand Theft Auto games--

I am anxiously awaiting the next installment in the 'Dragon Age' series..

As to whomever got supposedly 'hurt' while playing Wii--you can get hurt doing anything, really....

Games sure have improved since the days of Pong, have they not??

Good topic!!

Paula >^.^<

<edited for bad grammar>
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2010]
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I love the shoot 'em up games too. Used to play them on the old Nintendo back in the 80's.

I need to get some for the Wii. I would probably have gotten an Xbox 360 or PS3 Station if I just wanted a game system but I wanted the Wii for the fitness activities. Wii is getting some more adult games instead of just the stuff for families.

I think playing must help the brain and our hand/eye coordination. Right now, though, I'm sicker than a dog with a head cold so am not doing anything much but snuggling up and trying to stay warm. It's cold down here in SW FL, at least, cold for us. I refuse to turn on the heat. As it is, I have a humidifier running inside.

Love, Mikie