Anybody in Southern CA? Support groups?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nimzovich76, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Nimzovich76

Nimzovich76 New Member

Hi, I'm having difficulty dealing with CFS. I moved to CA last year and don't know many people. I would like to get to know more people in the area that suffer from CFS or a support group.

Thanks
  2. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

Also contact the National Fibromyalgia Association. It is located in the city of Orange in Orange. They have lots of information on current support groupsi n the area. They are really great people and I am proud to call some of them my friends there. I have volunteered there also.

National Fibromyalgia Association

2200 N. Glassell St., Suite A, Orange, CA 92865

Phone: 714.921.0150 Fax: 714.921.6920

www.fmaware.org

Welcome!
    Michele
  3. Nimzovich76

Nimzovich76 New Member

thanks for the info I'll look into it.
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am in S. CA. I suggest you call hospitals close to where you live. They all have support groups and you might find one close.

I live in the Torrance area and I know Torrance Memorial and Little Company of Mary both have various support groups. Not sure if for CFS or fibromyalgia but its possible.

I will do some checking and let you know if I find one.
  5. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

I would be very interested in details about the support group in Santa Monica.

Thank you.
  6. ladude

ladude New Member

I did not know there was another group in Santa Monica. The good looking people go to the 5521 Grosvenor Blvd one near Play Vista.

It is also CFIDS/Fibro group that is an open sharing style support group. Meets on the last Sunday of each month at 6:00PM to 7:30 but it's ok to be late but you have to buy everyone dinner and drinks.

Have not been in 6 months or so so I am not sure what kind of people they have allowed in since :) It is a nice group of sick twisted freaks with CFIDS/ and the made up illness Fibro.

It is right off culver blvd a block W. of Centinela Ave

Share Building
    5521 Grosvenor Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90066

It is home to many many many different support groups just wonder around until you find the right room, the S/W side of the bldg is a clue.

LAdude
  7. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Your email cracked me up!! I needed a laugh and, yes, sometimes we forget about "the best medicine". If the meetings are as funny as your post I may have to try one.
  8. ladude

ladude New Member

please do louisek and others in area,

Try everything once and the fun things twice

last sunday of EVERY month 6:00 pm so come on down

people straggle in all night long, even after the meating is over and we don't byte

(Irene does but just little bytes)

LAdude
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I wish the support group here in SW FL were a barrel of laughs. Unfortunately, the times I attended it was a pity party and just too darned depressing. One woman took up the entire meeting lamenting her impending divorce. Now, I'm not completely without feeling and I know people need to vent but I think there are other venues for that. At the very least, there should be a strong moderator to put a limit on that kind of thing. One should leave the meetings feeling better than before one went in. They still meet and maybe the group is better. It's a bit of a drive for me, though, and since I had such a neg. experience before, I haven't been back. All y'all who have good support groups are blessed. Good luck.

Love, Mikie