anybody know about Cerebellar Tonsillar Ectopia?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Jan 22, 2009.

1. loto

loto Member

I've just been going through all the MRI's I've ever had, and came across this I had forgotten about, because my doctor, at the time, said it was nothing to worry about, and was common. I looked it up on the net, and what came up was Arnold-Chiari Malformation. I had this MRI done before I was diagnosed with FM. In fact it told me I have DDD at C5-C6, and C6-C7. On this report from the radiologist, he recommended that I get further neurologic consultation. Of course I didn't, because my primary doc said it was nothing. So, anybody out there with FM or any other condition on these boards know they have this? If so, wonder if it's related to FM.
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

yes it very well could be something
    google dr dan rosner and dr dan heffez etc there are studies and news releases from 2000.
  3. loto

loto Member

thank you so much. i just read some of the stuff about the doctor's article. something told me to go back and look at that mri report i had done before i was diagnosed with fm. actually, this is the mri i had done a few years ago when i started having neck pain. i was also having symptoms of fm back then, but at that time i didn't put all my "little aches and pains" all together. I just assumed I kept having stupid problems that weren't related to each other. I just wish my doctor that ordered the mri would've referred me back to my neurosurgeon, but he was more focused on the fact that the disc herniation was a problem that couldn't be resolved by surgery. Of course I listened to him, and didn't follow up on the chiari thing either. I just find all things things amazing and confusing at the same time. How everything "connects". I may not be making sense, i don't know. I'm having I think a bad "flare" today. I started feeling extra tired Wednesday and Thursday, woke up with a horrible headache Friday, and now today I feel totally drained and achy all over. I know it's not the flu, i had the stomach flu about 3 weeks ago. I just feel awful today, feel like I'm neglecting my kids. they are teenagers, but i still feel like i'm neglecting them, and keep trying to tell them I just feel like crap and can't do anything except sit here. Ok, now I'm going on and on. Sorry. Thanks again for responding to my question.
    Lori
  4. simonedb

simonedb Member

actually loto, i totally get what yr saying :)