Anybody know of any legit companies that allow u2 work home?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Honora88, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Hi Friends,

I have been desparately looking for a job where I can work at home. So far no real luck

the only one I saw was teaching english on line.

I am looking for more solitary jobs such as data entry. talking to someone is exhausting.

I had a job at cymphony to rate articles which truly was a no brainer but got fired because i couldn'ldt keep up with the erratic work flow. i should have told him I was dishaabled and cant have work thrown on me last minute.

anyway, if anyosne has any recommendations or leads please let me know! It's about time I started paying back my credit cards. Being sick has been so expensive!
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I am looking too
  3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

There are companies that do offer telecommuting - I am working for one. Search on monster, career builders, hot jobs, dice, and the other job boards I'm sure I'm forgetting for "data entry and telecommuting" or for whatever your experience is in. MOST of the jobs that allow you to work from home that are found on reputable boards are legitimate.

BEWARE of companies that require any type of monetary compensation before allowing you to work for them. You should never have to pay to work for someone, even if they cloak it in terms of “investment”. They are scammers. If you do find something, check with the job board where you found it for complaints. Check the Better Business Bureau. Ask if they have a bricks and sticks (physical) corporate office and call it. DON'T work for anyone who claims to be offshore - ever. DON'T apply at any company that has misspellings or grammatical errors in their ads. Avoid companies that promise thousands of dollars a week. Avoid companies that promote selling their merchandise on YOUR website which they will help you set up. Remember, if it sounds too good to be real, it IS a scam.

A lot of companies are now moving towards a telecommuting model because it lowers the cost of maintaining office space. However, you have to have a skill that translates well to working from home. Data entry just might be one of them. I am blessed to be in information technology and while my company doesn't have a regular, formal WFH program (many do), they are making accommodations for me under the ADA. Good luck with your search.
  4. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Texangal81 has some very valuable information! Please read and HEED if you plan to work from home.

And certainly don't skip calling the bricks and mortar building - even visit it if possible.

Regarding the ebay store - that is good info also. My boyfriend just moved in - we have 2 of everything now. Since he works I figured I'd sell my stuff on ebay and that would be my income.

Beats the $0.00 I get from social security, unemployment, and disability!

Good Luck

Love, Lillie
  5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I know there is one florist company who hires people if anyone here remembers which one it is. Only hire in about 8 states.
  6. MommaNeedinHelp

MommaNeedinHelp New Member

Convergys. Type it in - click on their website under work from home. It's a real company. I was going to work for them years ago, but had a flare and couldn't. They are trying to save money by outsourcing and allowing people to work from home on their own computer. The site will even tell you what you need to get started
  7. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

Convergys provides technical support for a lot of different companies. I'm sure they provide other types of outsourcing because they are huge. I applied YEARS ago right after I got out of tech school and I know people who have worked there. They have a physical building in Houston.
  8. MommaNeedinHelp

MommaNeedinHelp New Member

There are many buildings, but you don't have to be near anyone of them to work for them.
  9. lishka

lishka New Member

I have been doing research online to find a scam-free way to work from home. I found a site called and have signed up with them. They screen all of their listings to verify they're real and not a scam. You do pay a set-up fee for a year ($39.99). This is to cover their costs (their staff all work from home, screening these positions, so I believe that fee helps pay their salaries). None of the jobs they list (over a 1000) require you to pay up-front to work for them.

I've begun looking through their listings. It's been over two years since I worked and I need to update my resume before really moving forward. Go to their website and check it out. They've been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, etc.

I know I sound like a commercial for them! I had my attorney husband take a look before I paid the $39 to get started. He thought it seemed legitimate. They send emails every few days with tips on finding jobs and avoiding scams. It's worth looking into.
  10. mommyofgem

mommyofgem New Member

I sell AVON and Discovery Toys. Avon is a business that has been around for years and pretty much sells itself. The plus is you can enroll online to sell on the internet... your customers can also choose direct delivery so you don't have to get out and deliver! If you're interested you can look at my page to get an idea,

As far as discovery toys, it's still low key... don't really have a way around getting out and delivering... not a great job for fibro! It's also exhausting cause you have to have home parties... if you choose something like this make sure you book them when you don't have anywhere to go the next day!!
  11. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Didn't think of this before when I responded to original post, but I picked up a free magazine at the doctor's office that was directed only to home based businesses. I am going to google trying to find it again.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, let us know. I think home based business on our own time would be very helpful.

12. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Airlines are hiring reservation clerks to work at home.

Only problem for CFS patients is regular hours. Not good if you are a good days / bad days person.

13. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Tina, do you know what airlines are hiring for work from home positions?
    Definitely check out the Good Morning America site. There is a whole segment dedicated to legitimate work from home/telecommuting opporunities.
    Tori Johnson is the correspondent who writes the articles. She said that there will be over 20,000 new "at home" opportunities coming up as companies are aware of how much money they can save by hiring people to work out of their own homes.