Anybody live in VA?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Aug 29, 2005.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Do any of you live in VA? Just wondering. I live in the Fredericksburg area.

2. zibit17

zibit17 New Member

I live in Stafford! My name is Loni and I am 50 years old.
    Yes, I said that "50 years old". I see my RA Dr. on Thursday and I think he is going to diagnose Fibro/CF. I have been reading this message board to see if the members have similar symptoms as I do. I was originaly seeing a rhuematologist because of RA but, my symptoms have now surpassed those.
    Nice to hear from a neighbor.
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi, Donna, I live in Chester, about 5 miles north of Colonial Heights. I know of about 16 people who are on this board who live in Virginia.

4. mommy22

mommy22 New Member

I live in Stafford! We should plan a get together to be able to give the real hugs! Sonya
  5. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

I live in Va Beach. I will be 50 next month! Yikes!!

6. greatgran

greatgran Member

I live in Galax the southwestern part of VA in the Blueridge Mts..and I am 63, gee can't believe I am that old...

7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I am outside Richmond in Louisa county. My brother and sister-in-law live just down from the mall in Fredericksburg (just moved there from Lynchburg).

Sonya R.
  8. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Hey greatran. I went to a festival in the late 70's in the mountains in Galax. What fun. I was in my 30's. It was a 3 day festival. Oh to be that young again. However, I had FM then, it just wasn't as bad and the flare ups were spaced. Not like now, in pain all the time.

Galax was nice and quiet. Is it still?

9. dekese

dekese New Member

I live in the Lynchburg area. Been here almost 20 years.

10. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Hi my name is Vicki and I live in Thornburg. I turned 50 on the 14th, ech!
    Would like to know who all my "neighbors" on the site see for their FM, in the Fredericksburg area, I see Dr. Lomeo.

11. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I was born in Lynchburg and lived there after high school also. I would love to move back there some day even thought I know it probably won't happen. I love the mountains.

Sonya R
  12. greatgran

greatgran Member

Hi Donna, which festival did you attend..We have several but I don't go anymore unless its a street festival..This
    DD took care of a lot of my doings..Yes,
    Galax is still the same it hasn't grown
    any..Not much going on around here unless its one of our festival and of course the yearly Fiddles's Convention..

Dee, my grandson goes to college in Lynchburg this is his first year..He is going to Liberty...

Keep in touch,
  13. ibisgirldc

ibisgirldc New Member

I'm in DC. I spend every weekend at my BF's house in Springfield, VA.
  14. jess

jess New Member

I didn't realize there were this many people here from Va. I'm in Northern Va, Fairfax between Reston and Chantilly. I've been here 14 years originally from N.Y. I'm 56 . Jess
  15. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Maggie:

I see you live in Virginia Beach. I am a native New Yorker but am living in the US Virgn Islands. Have been contemplating moving to Virginia Beach maybe next year. I have been there several times and love the atmosphere. Alot going on these last 3 or 4 years. The beach area and other parts are going through a renaissance. I have been keeping up reading Pilot-online.

Maybe we will meet someday.

16. fmnsc

fmnsc New Member

Saw you lived in Galax. I lived in Willis all my life until I
    moved to SC 5 years ago.

Guess you all are getting ready for the big flea market that's coming up. I miss those. Just the excitement and the food.

[This Message was Edited on 08/30/2005]
  17. zibit17

zibit17 New Member

Sonya in Stafford, I live in the Harbour but, I see Dr. Swartz up in Manassas. I couldn't get into Dr. Lomeo (my first choice) soon enough.
    Have a pain free day!
  18. Vada

Vada New Member

Hi all, I live in Burke, VA for the last 10 years and before that I lived off Gallows road near the mobil corporation. LaVada
  19. mommy22

mommy22 New Member

Love that there are 2 Sonya's here! Zibit17...i live just down the road from you (so to speak). I am on Mountain View. We looked at quite a few houses in Aquia and thought it was just a beautiful area. Are you guys military? We aren't. Funny hearing all teh area people live in. My husband works in Fairfax and we lived in Springfield for almost a year before moving South. My husband hates the commute (especially w/gas these days), but i really love the slow pace here. Nice to see there are so many of us in the area. Sonya
  20. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

There is another member here from Mechanicsville, backporchrags.

I am from Louisa County, as I said, but work on Patterson Ave.

Sonya from Bumpass!