ANYBODY SEE A PATTERN HERE? WHERE WE ALL LIVE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mujuer, Feb 7, 2007.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I just went thru all of the pages to see where everyone was from and saw that there were hardly anyone responding from the southwest. This seems to me like there are less suffering from that area. Could it be that the hot dry weather is the best for us Fibromites? I live in Washington State and it is horrible for people with Fibro. We are now searching to move somewhere else because my quality of life here is nonexistent. I was hoping to move to Georgia or southern Cally as that is where my grown children live but those look like ouchie areas also. Did anyone else notice this too?
    Pamela
  2. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Warm weather is better. A nice dry warm climate is ideal. When I was honeymooning in San Diego I had no probs either did my hubby. We did it all. I know it has to be weather related. When it snows & or gets cold & wet being in Chicago for us is like living a nightmare.

Once we are fully on our feet I want out of this state & into a dry warm heat climate.

your friend,
    fun
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I think you and I found this board at about the same time. I have enjoyed reading your messages and responses. So, does your husband have fibro also? What time of the year were you visiting San Diego and for how long?
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Pamela,

There's lot of us here from Texas too with fibro. If you started a new post and titled it "calling all Texans", you'd get a lot of responses. Extreme weather isn't good, whether it's too hot or too cold. I TOTALLY feel for you all right now re: the extreme cold! I lived in KS for awhile in college before I transferred to U. of TX--I remember the highs of zero. Woo!

We on the other hand endure very extreme heat for several months, and it's just as bad, at least in my opinion.....others may tolerate it better. We'll get mid 90s to mid 100s for several months (and a heat index EVEN HIGHER!), so we really can't be outside for any length of time past 10am. That's no quality of life either!

Just wait until the summer comes---you'll be hearing a frustration from us Southerners! Looks like there aren't many places to run to are there? Hope it gets much better for you. It's been a harsh winter.

Warm hugs, Erika
  6. Charleen

Charleen New Member

We have tried this in the chat rooms and there are people from all over. I have talk to people frome England, Ireland, Aussie land, all over europe and American Even one from Isreal. There are no patterns that we could come up with. But if you find one let me know I will movee there too.
  7. blkkat

blkkat New Member

hi im also here in the kent wash. area, this wet cold hurts so much. summer is best here for me. GOD BLESS-BLKKAT
  8. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

If its true...sign me up.....I would be happy to move as soon as my kids are out of school. We have a lot of humdity here in Arkansas. It is a good place to retire because of the cost of living, but a bad place to try and make a living.

9. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Thank you all for your replys. I grew up in Wichita, Kansas so I know all about the extreme weather but that was before I had fibro. I can tolerate heat as far as heat goes but just wondered as the effects of pain it caused. I have visited cally and georgia when it was hot there but not for any length of time or in the winter to see if it was bad there also. The summers here in washington are great but not worth getting only relief for two months out of the year. Again thanks and I hope more reply.
  10. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Interestingly, there's pain, and then you have to consider fatigue. Extreme heat makes you feel like a "wet dishrag" and zaps your energy terribly. So it's like, do you want more pain or more fatigue? Of course we want neither, but I notice when it's extremely hot, people move at a snail's pace around here. Kind of a tradeoff, and neither are great!

Take care, Erika
  11. conshychic

conshychic New Member

I am originally from PA. I still visit often but usually just when its warm LOL.

Anyway I lived in Arizona for 7 years, this is where I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, now I live in Florida and still not better. I know when its cold I feel really bad but in all honesty I feel pretty bad everyday. No matter where I am

12. LACurrry

LACurrry New Member

I am in Indiana and am just miserable with the recent temps diving into the single digits.

I did really well around the holidays though....the temps were up into the 60's!!

We are going on a vacation next week to Palm Springs...I am so anxious to get out there, everyone tells me that the dry desert heat will help....if I can only get on that plane, I just might feel human after a day or so there. Hoping anyway!
  13. mujuer

mujuer New Member

14. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Are you other Washingtonians on the west side? I'm in south central.

Since I am on the "dry" side my symptoms are better in the Spring and Fall. Not too hot and not too cold. And, of course much dryer than the west side of the state.

The extreme heat in the summer (worst day last year was about 111 at our house) only lasts for a couple weeks. It does make me feel exhausted.

I love the Spring except the wind blows a lot and that can really wear me out and trigger migraines, too.

Some one on the chat board had moved to Costa Rica or some where else tropical (please excuse the brain fog) and had really improved. I'm ready to pack up and move way south, tropical type south, but I sure would miss my DH!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  15. lease79

lease79 New Member

People with CFS & FMS hail from absolutely everywhere.

Another contributing factor as to where people are from on-line is whether they have access to the internet where they are.

Anyways I'm from rural Sth Australia.
    There are quite a few people that live around here that have either or both ;)
  16. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have moved since I became ill and I was on vacation when I caught the 'flu' that started my ME/CFS.
  17. blkkat

blkkat New Member

im 45mins s.e of seattle. blkkat
  18. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

I grew up in west mid cali and have lived in GA for 20 years been in the hot dry and humid dry, been in the wet cold and the dry cold (moved alot) hasn't made a difference, I still have what I have.
  19. Jack3

Jack3 New Member

I lived in the SW most of my life. Even though undiagnosed (I still am, but getting closer), I had the same issues. Now living in the NW I see no difference either.
    Jack

I live on the wet side of the Cascades near Vancouver. Heat and cold bother me, anything below 40 and anything above 80. [This Message was Edited on 02/09/2007]