Anybody see Mrs Bush is having neck surgery?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by munch1958, Sep 9, 2007.

1. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I saw a story on ABC news a few days ago. Mrs. Bush has a problem with pinched nerves her neck and will have surgery.

They said she was hiking in Zion National Park when she developed the problem. She tried physical therapy first but it wasn't working so she opted for surgery.

Sure makes me wonder if she was with the President when he caught Lyme. How many Lyme patients suffer with a stiff neck? Shoulder or arm pain? Funny nerve sensations in the fingers? Could she also have Lyme?

After the tick bite in 2001, the first problem I had was with my neck. Still have pain there. Got 12 different pillows. Two that heat up. One that vibrates. Got two of the memory foam ones. Nothing helps.

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Hi Linda!

It's so ironic that you posted this today. I have the worst sore/stiff neck today that I've ever had in my life. It must be that pizza I ate!

I wonder if Mrs. Bush has lyme too. That would sure be interesting.

dar
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

that interfere with nerve impulses. I also have been Dx with neuroborreliosis/lyme, CPn, and ME. Infections and inflammation make neuropathies from mechanical issues, including those in my cervical and lower spine, worse.

Funny nerve sensations in the fingers are typical symptoms of pressure on specific nerves in the cervical spine; if they correspond with x ray, CT and/or MRI findings then lyme is not the sole cause.

TC, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 09/11/2007]
  4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I'm sure Mrs Bush has some of the best doctors in the country on her team. Unlike the rest of us poor stiffs. I'll be watching to see if she develops any more strange symptoms. I wouldn't wish this DD on anyone.

My older brother and I were both dx'd with FM. We both were bit by ticks, remember the bite and had the rash but had trouble getting a dx and treatment.

My sister had a neck CT last year. She wanted surgery to fix the pain for degenerative neck problems. I was ready to choke her and give her a really bad neck problem. That seemed like such a drastic decision to make right away. We thought it should have been a last resort option because surgery for pain sometimes doesn't cure pain.

My sis was getting by on Tylenol O-T-C pain meds during the day and Tylenol PMs at night. It's not like she couldn't function on heavy duty narcotics. We begged her to see a chiropractor. One of her best friend's husband is one and in her plan. Now she's getting acupuncture + adjustments and is off pain meds.

Sorry to hear about your stiff neck, Dar. Hope it goes away. I've heard ice is the worst thing to put on your skin if you have Lyme. Spirochetes supposedly love the coldness of the skin and migrate there. Don't have any idea if this is true.

I love my $20 Bed Buddy. It's a sock that you heat up in the microwave. Got it at Walmart. No electrical plug so I don't worry about sleeping with it. No batteries to replace. It smelled bad in the beginning but not now.

I love Miracle Balls too. Those I bought for $20 at Barnes & Noble. They smelled funky too when I first took them out of the box. I lay on them to stretch out my ribs. I got rid of the chest pain in the front but not my back. They feel fantastic under my neck.
  5. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

GW has lyme? that explains a lot, I can forgive him the blunders, fogginess and such if that's true.
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

George Dubya has lyme.
  7. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Didn't they say he was cured of Lyme in only a few short weeks? Isn't everybody cured who follows IDSA guidelines?

Then it's post-Lyme-autoimmune disorder. Those Quack-a-doodle-ducks wouldn't know an active infection if it smacked them upside the head. Maybe their doctors spanked them too hard when they were born.