Anybody taking abilify?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by basho3, Oct 18, 2005.

1. basho3

basho3 New Member

I'm wondering if Abilify might help with brain fog. My episodes of confusion secondary to CFIDS are destroying my life, and it seems like Abilify might regulate dopomine uptake in a manner similar to Klonopin, but with more specificity. My doctor mentioned Abilify as a treatment for depression, which is a secondary problem for me.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have never heard of this medication, and I have heard of mamy antidepressants as I have clinical depression and have tried many and researched others. I looked at your profile but it doesn't have where you live, so that doesn't help me.

So, is there another name it goes by? Is it used more commonly for another condition? The only medicine I know that regulates dopomine is Wellbutrin. Of course, I'm not a doctor or encyclopedia, so it isn't unusual I don't know.

I do hope you can find some help for fog!

Thanks for posting because I always like learning about new products.

Sue
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi basho3, Abilify is actually an anti-psychotic medicine. It's fairly new to market. In high doses it is used to treat schizophrenia, but it's used off label in low doses to treat mood disorders. It's not one of the SSRI's like Prozac or Zoloft.

My daughter has a very hard time with her moods due to Aspergers syndrome and depression. Abilify has made her a new person. I am very impressed with her progress on it, and I think she is happier too. She takes 10mg a day. There have been no side effects that we can see.

She also takes Lexapro but only 5mg.

Hope this is helpful.

Michelle
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

bumping.
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

bumping again