Anybody trying to go all organic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Mar 5, 2007.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I tried this a couple of years ago and it was just impossible because I would have to drive an hour to find a store that sold the stuff. Now, they have it at my local grocery store and I'm trying again. It's still more expensive but I'll try anything.

Any good tips from someone who has done this for a while?
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

CJCookie:

We would like to go all organic but can't afford it. So, we decided to at least do it with the animal products (as we felt that was the most important since we can wash our produce). We started with milk and eggs...try to do meat as much as possible.

We're hoping prices will continue to come down in the produce area so we can incorporate more and more.

TerryS
  3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I'm going there slowly but surely. But, my main concern is avoiding a lot of the chemicals in processed food. The absolute worse thing to eat is foods containing MSG and/or Aspartame.
  4. jess

jess New Member

Hi, I have been all organic for 10 plus years. I shop at whole foods so I have a nice variety usually. If it's not organic I don't buy it. I don't find it that difficult. However, the hardest part is with meats, chicken and fish. For example, just because the chicken says free range organic does not necessarily mean the chickens are out all day. They could be out for 10 minutes a day and be called free range. Also, meats that are organic and have no growth hormones or antibiotics etc. may be grain fed. this kind of defeats the purpose. I order any beef from a company where the meat is 100 percent grass fed. I'll admit it is costly but I don't eat very much beef anyway. I also special order fish which has been lab tested for pcbs and mercury. I do however eat some of the free range organic chicken from whole foods. It's still better then commercial. Good luck, Jess