Anybody use Tea Tree Oil for anything?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachbunnee, Dec 2, 2005.

1. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

If so, what do you use it for exactly?

Any particular brand?

Thanks!

peachbunnee
  2. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

I use it for all kinds of things. I use it on my nails every night to help heal my hangnails and other little cuts. My brother-in-law used it when he had poison oak and it really helped clear it up.

Basically it has antiseptic qualities so you can use it for bug bites, poison ivy, etc...or for cuts to help them heal.

I use Jason brand since that is what brand we have at the nutrition store I work at...but I don't think the brand is as important as assuring there aren't a ton of added (aka unnecessary) ingredients. You can also buy other things with tea tree in them like shampoo and toothpaste.

Hope that helps,
    -Vanessa
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

and it made the itching go away.
  4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I use it in my shampoo or buy tea tree oil shampoo. If you have dandruff or itchy scalp it is great.
  5. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

I can't recall the brand name, but I have used a tea tree oil foot lotion that's wonderful - I got it in the health food store.

-Kathi
  6. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I use 2 or 3 drops of it in my nasal irrigator if I start to get a sinus infection along with the salt and baking soda.

Sandy
  7. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I think Dragon Tea Tree Oil is only sold in very select shops, mostly tattoo and piercing studios.

I use mine to heal fresh piercings, but I really don't use it for anything else!

~Amanda
  8. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Tea tree oil is wonderful stuff. I use a local Aust. brand. Great for insect bites, takes the sting out quickly. Also on cuts.

I also put a couple of drops in the fabric softener when I wash the clothes.

I also use a tiny bit on my dental floss. I tend to have gums that bleed occasionally and this cleans the gum line and kills any potential periodontial disease. But only about 1/10 of a drop because I heard that it can be poisonious in large amounts. I wash my mouth very well afterwards. Tastes terrible. (I don't know how large that 'large' is.)

Someone I know who has cfs is taking two drops each day to try to kill off any bugs in his system, instead of using antibiotics or antiviral drugs. But there is no evidence, that I know of, that this works, and he might be doing more harm than good. I would not recommend using it that way.

9. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I use it for many things mainly as an antiseptic greaty for getting rid on nits in kids hair also (3 grandaughters with long hair)I use thursaday Plantation but I think thats an Australian brand graet for pimples just need to do a skin test as some ppl are alergic and the old eucy oil is great also
    Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2005]
  10. jennypee

jennypee New Member

My mother was really big into tea tree oil, but I can't remember what she used it for. I'll ask my sister-- she used it too.
  11. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

I had fungus on my tonail and it really helped it.

Bet2
  12. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear Wamps,

thanks for the idea re. e. oil for sweats - I shall try it. I get sooo hot!!
  13. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Works great for athletes foot fungus, and it doesn't sting at all like some of the traditional remedies. I've also used it for ear mites and ear infections in my cats, but the concentration needs to be reduced by adding in other things, likewise have used it for scaly leg mites on the chickens.

Naturopathic doc I was going to was having me take it internally, which I wasn't too crazy about, but she was very determined it was a great remedy.

Sbilek