Anybody with positive ANA? Other dx??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by girlymom, May 4, 2006.

1. girlymom

girlymom New Member

Thank you for your support on my earlier post. It's a bad time right now. About 10 yrs. ago I was 1st dx w/ CFS when most dr. felt I just had anxiety. Today at my dr. appt when a new dr. told me that CFS is actually legit now I was so relieved. She said that there are meds that can help with my flare ups? I also have +ANA and was ref. to rheumotologist to r/o R Arthritis, but I think I already had these tests before. 9 mos. ago when I had the very same symptoms I saw a neuro had MRI to r/o MS. Thankfully all was ok. I got better and was normal(still tired, in pain and foggy)the only normal I remember, but I could walk well again. I even went skiing this year! Has anyone had a similar experience? I guess I feel like I'm newly dx because so much has changed since I last acknowledged that I have CFS. I'm so glad that I have found this site and that it's so active. I feel alone.
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

ANA can be elevated in other things.

Some antihypertensives can result in elevation.
  3. belly_acres

belly_acres New Member

Girlymom - I have had symptoms of fm, lupus, ms, and now going to see neuro to r/o ALS. I have been to a derm - for rashes, rhumie for lupus & RA, internalist who can't figure things out - all tests other than ANA come back normal. My gp is stymied - he currently has me on oxycontin and ativan for pain, paxil, as well as my thyroid meds, high bp meds and high cholestral meds - plus I add in tylenol arthritis and advil when needed. He made a clinical dx of lupus but I do not have the blood work to support that dx, also has sent me for CT scans & MRI which show nothing abnormal. There are days and days where I can't walk on my own and use a cane, driving 1/2 hr to town can and has put me on the sofa for 3 days. I've had to quit work - going through a flare after being dx'd with melanoma this winter - stress seems to be a major cause of flares for me as well as exposure to chemicals like chlorine in water, perfumes, clothing etc..

As I said in the subject line this has been going on for over 5 yrs - both the doc and I are at wits end but we still keep plugging away! Hope you find answers alot sooner than I am!

Cori