Anybody?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelkisses6, Dec 22, 2005.

1. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I was wondering if anybody has such bad pain in both their hips that it wakes them up from a dead sleep because you cant even lay on them and to walk with your hips hurting so bad makes you want to cry? also i cant walk very far and i have to lean on the shopping cart just to get through the store, also have celiac,diabities,fibro(of course),psariris?,and ostroathritis?reastless legs,tmj,cornarie arterie desise(not to metion i cant spell,lol)I think tahts it,lol iam almost scared to go to the drs anymore for fear of her finding anything eles wrong,well i hope everyone has a safe and happy holliday,and of course pain free. marieann
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I have same problem with hips and legs!
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I read your profile and you have been DX with osteoarthritis...correct?

That might be the main cause of pain in your hips. I think that it is for me...but i also have bad back problems.
  4. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I used to have very painful hips. For several years before I was diagnosed with fm/cfs, the pain -so bad- would wake me up in the middle of the night and I had to get out of bed and force myself to walk around my lounge until the movement and the pain killers kicked in and then I could go back to bed.

It even got to the stage where I could not walk up stairs frontways, but had to walk up backwards - slowly.

Several years of physio and all sorts of treatments have helped, but I still get pain, but with medication, I can sleep through it.

I know you hate the idea of further tests and finding anything else wrong, but please consider having a simple blood tests to eliminate polymyalgia. It is unlikely that you have it, but if you do have it, it is very treatable.

Good luck: don't know about the pain free holidays, but all things are possible.
  5. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Thanks for getting back to me,ya i have ostro too but they have done 4 xrays on my hips and they say it looks ok,i also have arthritis in my lower back and thats been giving me trouble too i have to get x-rays on that tomarrow,but my hips have bothered me before or without my back bothering me.I'll have to bring up that outher illness and see what the dr says,thanks for the info,marieann
  6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I was about to suggest. Mine turned out to be Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis. I had the bone scan done. I hope you find out what it is and get relief! Would one of those new foam mattress toppers help? The ones that come right back to their shape. My daughter has one and swears by it. I use 2 feather beds on a waterbed. Good luck! Bambi