Anybody?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelkisses6, May 3, 2006.

1. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Ok has anybody else had such bad sweats that your shirt and hair are wet? and you start to itch because of it? and this happens when yur just sitting there doing nothing but watching tv or reading or being on the computer? And does anybody know if its because of the fibro? Sorry for allthe qs but i hate that this happens and it happens sometimes a few times a day,thanks for all your help,take care all,angelkisses
  2. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Hi Angel.

I haven't really had the sweats, but my skin has itched so bad that I get bruises from itching. I think it may have something to do with fibro..

Hope that helps!!
  3. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i get the sweats, too...it gets terrible when i am on cymbalta or effexor...even on low doses...which really sucks because they both make a big difference with my pain levels....

i am desperate to get on some meds other than pain meds but everything makes me gain weight and sweat....anybody have advice/???

Is there medicine to stop sweating?? and over heating?
  4. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I guess i should have said before as for right now iam not taking anything for the fibro ,not pain or anything i cant seem to get any dr to agree to give me something so i have been like this for about a year and yes its does get worse,anyway just wanted to put that in thanks angelkisses
  5. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I see you are 46. I was in complete menopause at 49, so it could be hot flashes due to your hormone levels decreasing.

I also get what I call pain flashes. I get the hot flash and also my pain increases at the same time! Does this happen to you too? I am on a lot of meds, so it may be due to those also.

Hope you feel better soon! Sally
  6. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

I am a 35 year old female and I sweat worse than any man I've ever met.

I have to change shirts constantly because I stay soaked. The winter season is not as bad....but even then I sweat. I can just be sitting on the couch watching TV and suddenly start sweating.

Underneath my hair...it is always wet. I hate it!! I have sweated like this since I was 25. Especially under my arms. Its embarrasing because the armpits of my shirt are always wet. Yuck!

I see the commercial now to have botox shots in your armpits. I think I'd rather sweat, as gross as that is. He He...... I only itch with it once in a while though.

Stacey

7. tlayne

tlayne Member

Day & night sweats. I itch also, it's like I am allergic to my own sweat. I do this when I am flaring. A pharmacist told me once to take over the counter potassium & it does help. BUT be CAREFUL, because too much potassium can cause heart problems, but too little can also effect the heart. I only take potassim when I sweat constantly for a long period of time & then I quit after several days without them. Think about this... when you have severe nausea & vommiting you get dehydrated, well with severe sweats it would also cause dehydration. I have also quit drinking diet sodas, so I have increased my water intake. I think that is also helping decrease my sweats. Gatoraide would also be good for replacing lost electolites, but again, do not over do it. Hugs, Tam
  8. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Angel

I have had the same problem. For me this flare was the first time I experienced this. It is awful! I never really used to sweat before now.

It drives me crazy, I'm cold, I'm hot, I'm cold, I'm sweating!!!! It is like menopausal women, but I am 33 years old.

Like I said it is a new symptom for me but it came with this current awful cycle! I don't think it's a coincedience. I will have to read more on this!

jenni
  9. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

No not that i had a complete hysterectamy? 6 years ago and iam not taking meds for my pain or anything like that,but tanks to all for the suggestions it makes me feel better just knowing that i can come here bad spellings and all and get help and friendship,now if someone could please tell me how to space this right so outher people can read it that would be great,hope all are doing good,take care,angelkisses