Anybody's face and arms hurt?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurtin2much, Aug 25, 2006.

1. hurtin2much

hurtin2much New Member

Hi,

i have FM and CFIDS and have a flare at the moment.

Does anyone else suffer from painful skin on their face, especially around the jaw line. my neck hurts with tender points but my face and hands and arms hurt at the slightest touch.

Is this just a normal syptom of FM or could it be a side effect of meds?

Any info is appreciated.

Love to all.
  2. toughone

toughone New Member

I also have painful skin--especially when I'm flaring. I have TMJ on the left side of my face-the skin and muscles are always sore there. I've noticed the pain is worse in my arms and hands this time around. My hips are sore to touch, too. I think that each flare brings with it different symptoms--like it tries to attack whichever muscles seem weakest at the time.

Hope this eases your mind a bit--I know how flares can scare you with the severity of the pain...

Feel better and take it slow...

Bonny
  3. Charleen

Charleen New Member

yes you are not alone I too have fibro,cfs, and TMJ My jaw hurts on both sides due to a bad surgery on my jaw. But I had pain on my jaw before the surgery.
    My arm, shoulders, neck hurt too. It is all part of the fibro. That is what my doctor tells me.
    Just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. I am sorry you are hurting. Hope you feel better soon
    love
    Charleen
  4. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

Yeah I deal with that almost every day. But with the pain my face also swells. I have found that if I go to the kinsologist (muscle chrioprator)he can give me some relief that will last sometimes up to a month. the only thing that stinks about that is the cost of the treatment since i do not have insurance. He also says that if my shoulders are hurting the problem is not the shoulder but the hips are out of alignment. When he gets my hips correct the shoulder pain goes away. It is werid how our bodies actually work. hang in there!
    Love ya me
  5. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Yes...same here. It starts at my face, down my neck and continues down the left side of back and arm.

I stopped complaining about my face pain to my teenagers though..the last time I said, "my face hurts" My teenage son said, "yes, it's killing me too" What a brat!!

I have great supportive kids. We use humor to releive a lot of stress around here.

Take care,

Dawn
  6. hurtin2much

hurtin2much New Member

Glad I'm not alone in this.. This is the first time that it has happened during a flare. This flare has been going on nearly 3 months...what is the normal????? if there is an average.

I'm 34 but fairly new diagnosed although I think I have had this many years.

LOL yeh, my face hurts to much to laugh too!

Wishing for less pain for all
  7. hurtin2much

hurtin2much New Member

8. Mgoblue201

Mgoblue201 New Member

I have all sorts of random pains and sensations in my skin, although it's sort of all over so I can't pinpoint any one spot. I wouldn't call it the same thing since it doesn't hurt at any sort of touch. I do have a lot of pains in my muscles. Right now the entire area around my jaw feels kind of tender. That's not a typical place I usually feel it though. I almost always feel tightness around my shoulder blades and lower neck, and I get a lot of muscle cramps and pains in my chest and arms.