Anyone allergic to Tyl3 & percoset, but not hydrocodone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

aka vicodin [hydrocodone + acetominophen]

I am having the skin sensitivity reaction to the percoset, like what I had with the codeine, but fortunately milder so far.

However, I would like to try a different opiod, maybe hydrocodone.

I am thinking that morphine might be best since not synthetic, but it is really strong, I hear, and I probably don't need anything that strong. Can morphine tablets [15 mg] be cut up maybe?

My pharmacist hasn't heard of Ultram so I guess we don't have Tramadol here in Canada yet, otherwise that would be another option that is not in the same family as codeine, from what I understand.

so, has anyone reacted to codeine and to oxycodone but not to hydrocodone???

If you think im fed up, you should see the GP...
  2. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I am very interested in trying morphine pills, if I can cut them up [preferably in 4] and therefore take a very low dose, cause it's a strong med.

But, I'm thinking since it's not synthetic I might not get skin sensitivity to it like I do with Tyl3 and the percoset.

Can you cut the pills [not the MSContin, but the morphine PILLS] into 4?

thanks.

Jen
  3. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

codiene make me itch and naueseated. percodin/cet makes me itch. hydrocodone-(lorcet 10mg, vicodin), methadone no side effects, work great. go figure.:)
    good and safe hunting :)
    alice
    [This Message was Edited on 07/08/2003]
  4. Jen F

Jen F New Member

maybe i will have better luck with the hydrocodone then. glad to know someone who gets skin problems with both tyl 3 and perc can do okay on something else, cause that's gonna be me!

thanks!

and glad you appreciate my opiod post.

thanks to the rls people who compiled it!!!

jen
  5. Betty32578

Betty32578 New Member

I am allergic to tylenol 3, percoset,codeine & morphene. Most pain medications but I can take them with phenergan.
    I have been on Ultram 50 mg for 2 years and when I have a bad flare up I go to mepergan fortis 50mg (strong but work & I don't get sick) hives or nauseated.
    I have HMO Insurance & they won't pay for most of the newer medications that help for my pain of FMS, CFIDS, & Osteoarthritis. Hope you find help that is not addictive, that's what I worry about.

Betty in Central Florida