Anyone always cold?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Mar 1, 2007.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Lately I am always freezing! Even with the heat on in my house turned up to 70. It seems to be mostly in be in my hands and feet.

I walk around the house with mittens on, jackets. thermals...and I just basically look like Im ready to go outside and face a blizzard.

I swear its the Mirapex but my rheumy is claiming that it has no effect on your BP. But my psychopharmachologist who was the original prescribing doctor says that it can drop your BP while your body is adjusting to it.

Is anyone else out there freezing all the time? I cant get warm!!

Hugs,
    Steph
  2. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi Steph,

I go from being V cold to being so hot I feel I may incenerate.

When the cold hits I have been known to put on many layers,starting with heavy turtleneck tops.I have fuzzy socks for my feet,&thick slippers.

Then when the hot attack hits I feel like I have a fever and have to unlayer.

This DD.is NO fun!

Take Care,
    Jordane
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

All I hear is "cha-ching" everytime I hear the steam coming out of my heating register thingies (I live in a historical house with old big steam heating things in each room)...I cant think of the right word....dang fibro fog!!

They are coming on like every 5 min cuz I have the heat cranked to like 70!
  4. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

especially my hands and feet...my fingers and toes are always like ice cubes...no matter the outside temperature. When I take a bath I have exrucuating pain when I put my feet in the water (and it's not from the water being "too" hot.)
  5. 143alan

143alan New Member

My son has rheumatoid disease and reflex neurovascular dystrophy and has problems with his hands and feet being very cold. Like Jackie his feet hurt tremendously when he takes a shower or a bath and the water is not too hot. He can not tolerate any cold whatsoever. He wears gloves all the time and even has the fingertips cut out of some for typing. Even with gloves he has to use a handtowel to get anything out of the refrigerator because touching anything cold is extremely painful to him.

The latest doctor's visit it was suggested that he has Raynaud's syndrome. Not sure, but no other real answers were given.

Good luck all of you who have this. I don't but I see how hard it is on my son.
    Nancy
  6. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

Off an on I am so cold, nothing can get me warm. I tremor, and tense up and get anxiety and feel stressed. My thinking is just absorbed by trying to fight the cold. Can't focus well on anything else! Gad, that is such a major problem for me now and it hurts doing everything, work, family activities, work around the house, social life, everything.

And sometimes, heat just makes me feel horrible too. When I get in the shower my ears and other body parts are so cold and the hot water hurts. Doesn't warm these areas. Up until one year ago ( for 54 years!) if I got into a hot shower and let the water run on cold parts, they would heat up..not now? What the heck is this?

My entire internal system just collapsed a year ago.

Man, if only the rest of the country knew what this feels like.
  7. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

I'm always cold this time of year. And it makes my whole body ache. Especially my hands, arms, and shoulders.
    I went to bed last night with warm pj's, socks, even gloves. Then I covered up with the usual sheet, blanket, and comforter. I had to add another blanket. It took me hours to get to sleep because I was so cold and achy.

I feel for you and wish I had some advice. Maybe someone on here will have some for the both of us.

Iowanmom

PS- Do you have a tub? Most days I soak my body in hot water w/Epson salt. That helps for awhile. Just a thought.
  8. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I appreciate everyone taking the time out to share their experiences with me. I thought I was the only one!

Iowanmom- I do have a tub but its just your regular standard tub. Im usually so cold that unless Im filling it up to the tippity-top, im gonna end up freezing! I wish I had a nice jacuzzi that stayed warm all the time.

Ive always known that Winter was the worst season for my pain because the cold causes me to tense up when i shiver.

I should tell my fiance to forget spending money on the honeymoon and just buy a jacuzzi!!! Id turn into a prune though....seriously!
  9. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

yes, that would be me, I am ALWAYS cold... I even freeze in the summer, when everyone else is wearing t-shirts and shorts in the summer you can see me with a sweater and blanket, so I know where you are coming from.

love to all, Ann
  10. roge

roge Member

oh yeah, nose, hands and feet are like ice. feet are the worst.

plus low body temp of around low 97's on average.

will be buying infared sauna soon so hopefully using this everyday will help to heat me internally not to mention the detox benefits.

peace
  11. roge

roge Member

oh yeah, nose, hands and feet are like ice. feet are the worst.

plus low body temp of around low 97's on average.

will be buying infared sauna soon so hopefully using this everyday will help to heat me internally not to mention the detox benefits.

peace
  12. mary124

mary124 New Member

I'm usually cold. Even in the summer, the office where I work they keep it very cold, that I have a throw that I have wrapped around my legs. Then when I step outside after 5p.m. and its near 90 or so, everyone around me is saying its so hot!! and I'm thinking its feels so good!!
  13. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Ah yes the joy of always being cold. Looks like many of us are cursed with that. And 70 degrees in the house won't do for me. I need to set the thermostat to 73 or 74.

My hands and feet are the worst too. Always like ice. I love to go up to my friends and put my cold freezing hands on them when they aren't expecting it haha :) They are always like what is wrong with you...why are you so cold?

I have no clue why but I am. It is all year round too. People laugh at me because I need a sweater when it is in the 70's outside.

I also run a lower body temp so maybe that is why. NO CLUE but you are definitely not alone in this.

Take Care,
    Pam
  14. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

That is so funny! I am the same. When I step outside in the summer and it is hot I think it feels sooo good too. I am usually freezing in the house and when I step outside I really literally feel like I am thawing out. It takes me a bit to thaw out too.

However, once I do thaw out I can't be out in really hot heat for too long without AC as I am also heat intolerant. Crazy body!

Oh and I am just fine wearing jeans all summer long. I rarely wear shorts because I am so pale that I don't want to blind people haha :) I don't get too hot wearing jeans in the summer.

Take Care,
    Pam
  15. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

I've lost 40 pounds in the last year with colitis. I'm also bald. I usually wear a knit cap in the house and a hooded sweatshirt. My wife finally pointed out that I don't get any sun or vitamin D when I go out because I am so totally swathed up.

My wife and dog don't tolerate heat. The dog gets all itchy, so now they have me outnumbered and the heat is only set to 70.
  16. dolphin67

dolphin67 New Member

all the time! My husbands says I feel warm to the touch, but all I do is shake all the time. It's hurts. low body temp too. This can be a sign of hypothyroidism too. Have you had your thyroid checked recently?
  17. jmq

jmq New Member

I guess i am freaky...I am always hot...running a low grade fever...if you touch my skin it is very hot...everyone in the house is cold and I am hot. Then I have menapause on top of it. ..and live in Florida! I lie on ice as most of the people i hear about with FMS use heating pads????

oh well..jmq
  18. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

My thyroid levels have tested in the normal range.

Its gotta be the meds and these DDs!!

One thing that my family has learned to start making is those sacks that are filled with corn that has been treated so it doesnt turn into popcorn that you can heat up in the microwave....we call them beanie sacks. They are so handy. I told my sister to make me one that was the size of my body so I could cover myself in it!

It would probably help the ouchies too!