Anyone anticipating the afterChristmas sales?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SweetT, Nov 29, 2006.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I had said that I'm not buying any gifts until after Christmas. I don't know if I'll go through with that, but I know that after Christmas, you can stock up on those cologne gift sets, for at least 50% off, and save them for birthday gifts, baby shower gifts, gifts for a new bride, Valentine's Day gifts,and Mother's or Father's Day gifts.

Also, after Christmas, winter clothes will be on clearance, to be cleared out for pre-Spring sales. So in late December and early January, you can buy dead of winter (January through March) clothing. When my kids were little, I'd buy their winter coats, when they'd be marked down 50-70% off. I'd also buy them big, so that they would get wear out of them.
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Most of my Family have gotten smart, and give me Money, so I can go shopping, I love to do that, and it also means I get something I want, and I won't have to return anything,

I told everyone, that this year they can get me Gift Certificates, for hsn, lol, I love the Storybook Knits sweaters, I live in them during the winter,

DH like to do this, because then He doesn't have to figure out what to get me, like I haven't told him a Million times, so just throw Money at me, lol, lol,

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I love shopping and I love getting a bargain but there are so MANY people at the sales. Some shops here, there are people queuing up for hours before shops open, how crazy is that.

So I'll wait til it all dies down and there's hardly anything left.

I am giving my son and daughter money for xmas so they can enjoy the sales.

Happy shopping.

[This Message was Edited on 11/30/2006]
  4. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I'm planning on going this New Year's weekend. After January 1st, things will be 75% to 90% off, but quite picked over, of course. I use that time to get my holiday greeting cards; candy; gift sets; linens, etc., that can be used year round.
  5. mary124

mary124 New Member

I have things to return/exchange. Probably pick up a few things extra. Last year I went to barnes 7 nobles, picked up holiday cards for $1.00 a box.