Anyone... asked by state disability after 4 mos. on disability to

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betty50victor, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

go to their doctor, ortho dr., to be checked out??? Never heard of this. The form they sent me to fill out has some of the same questions that SSDI has on it like; how long standing, sitting, walking, how much lifted and for how long, etc.......
    What is an "Ortho doc" anyway? I have fibro, hurt all over especially in hips and upperlegs. Can't walk, sit or stand for too long (10 to 20 minutes) cause my body hurts too bad and freeses up.
    Thank you ahead for responses. Betty in Lancaster,CA
  2. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

go to their doctor, ortho dr., to be checked out??? Never heard of this. The form they sent me to fill out has some of the same questions that SSDI has on it like; how long standing, sitting, walking, how much lifted and for how long, etc.......
    What is an "Ortho doc" anyway? I have fibro, hurt all over especially in hips and upperlegs. Can't walk, sit or stand for too long (10 to 20 minutes) cause my body hurts too bad and freeses up.
    Thank you ahead for responses. Betty in Lancaster,CA
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I live in Canada so policies are different. However, I have been on Canadian Disability as well as Long Term Disability for almost 9 years.

It takes a lot of jumping through hoops to get approved for the two of them in the first place. Then, when 2 yrs is up, they want you to go back to work unless you can satisfy their own doctors that you are unable to work.

At any time the insurance company can ask my own doctors for updates or request that I be seen by one of their own doctors. When they request either of these, I ask them to pay for all costs involved, including the writing of reports. They have been doing that for 7 yrs. It doesn't hurt to ask!

I don't know how much help an ortho doc would be for you (I gather it's an orthopedic surgeon who deals with broken bones and other bone problems.) I hope he'll be smart enough to realize you need to see a rheumatologist.

Good luck, Betty. Pepper
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I dread this for you and I forsee it in my future as well! My doc took me outta work a couple of weeks ago due to spinal stenosis and did so indefinitely. I expect to have to "jump through hoops" with STD/LTD/SSI doctors and tests as well. I am so sorry you're having to undergo all of their crap, too. I think they CAN and they DO expect you to see the docs they suggest. I'd go, but they need to pay for ALL the expenses....be firm on this. Tell them that this is all about $$$ and that you cannot afford to go to all of the doctors without them paying!
    Good Luck...let us know what happens!
    Love,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 11/30/2002]