Anyone awake half the night with fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Dec 3, 2006.

1. I am exhausted, I sleep for a couple hrs then wake up and toss and turn and finally get up for a couple hrs , watch tv and go back to bed for a couple hrs. I only get about 4 to 5 hrs sleep a night and drag all day. This is really wearing me out.
  2. decrepitoldoot

decrepitoldoot New Member

I know what you mean. It seems like I have pain in a different spot each night that keeps me awake. It's wearing me down and the pain is getting more frequent. I can't find a doctor that will deal with it.
  3. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I am so tired of watching info commercials and the same movies over and over again! I try to read, but it seems I just can't focus because I am tired, I just can't sleep.

I have tried going to bed later, like 2:00 in the morning and that makes my day the next day horrible. I am so out of it and can't even keep my eyes open. I have tried earlier and then it just seems I am up more times. I have tried a routine, but with three teenagers and a husband that comes home at 8 at night, there is no such thin as a regular routine! I just can't do that.

I know a lot of people can survive on 5hrs sleep a night and that is enough for them. But I know my body needs more than that after repeated nights in a row.

The only thing that even helps me a little is my electric blanket. Especially living in Iowa where right now the wind chill makes it below zero. It gets my bed warm so I can relax quicker, but then the jerks jump in there. The mirapex has stopped them from going all night, at least that I know. It is just the initial getting to sleep.

Fibrobutterfly I totally have empathy for you. I don't know if there is a good answer for this. I wish there was, for all of us who suffer with this.

Take care & kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

My sleep problems started the exact same time as when I started going to the Dr. about this unrelentless pain.

It's a Symptom of this disease/syndrome.

Dan
  5. beachwalkerbill

beachwalkerbill New Member

I used to do that bad. I got to the point that I couldn't sleep for days. That kinda makes you an evil zombie nut case addicted to caffeine and sleepers.
    To make a long story short, it was SSRI's. I don't take any of them now and things are a lot better sleep wise.
    Good luck
    Sleep is a real biggie with CFS and FMS
    Bill
  6. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

This is exactly how I am too! It drives me nuts! My dr gave me some Ambien CR. I have only taken it 1 time...but it works!! I am a little nervous to take sleep aids due to being a single Mom of a 9 year old. I would hate to be so out of it that I couldn't take care of her if I needed too, you know?

God Bless you! I put up my Christmas tree last night and I am paying dearly today. Can barely type this post.

Hope you get some sleep tonight!

Lisa
  7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

always had those problems with sleep. Lately I have been taking Lyrica and I have found that since taking I get a deeper longer sleep. I still have toruble falling asleep but once I am asleep my sleep is definitly improved.
  8. LMA7753

LMA7753 New Member

I have been a guinea pig for sleep meds. Tried Trazadone
    and anti-depressants. Didn't work well. Have been taking
    Ambien and Flexeril for quite a few years. My neuro also prescribed Lyrica for pain which has a sleep agent(makes you tired.)
    Sometimes when I feel exhausted I take a half ambien or flexeril to take a nap. Then I run out early. It happened to me just 2 weeks ago. For a week or a little over, I didn't go to sleep until 7 or 8 am. I will sometimes take an anti-histimine which has dozing properties that help to sleep.
    It frustrates me when I feel tired during the day, I lay down for 40 min. and am still awake.
    It drives me nuts to go without sleep meds. I have 2 teenage boys and a full schedule of online classes.
  9. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

that you posted this. I felt like a freek! I am up every 2 hours or less.I have tried it all!!!!!! I had a sleep study done last Sunday but have not gotten the results. After being there several hours, the tech came in and asked me if I am always so restless. "Yes-I have fibro". No sleep meds have ever helped.
    PS.it is 2:09 AM
  10. So many of us seem to have these same problems. It's tough not sleeping and dragging all day long. I don't know how people who have fibro /cfs work, I really feel sorry for you. All I did was decorate the Christmas tree yesterday and I was wore out.

Thats a good idea, eating something that makes us tired. I know breads/carbs do any other foods to help with sleep?
  11. SolitaryDancer

SolitaryDancer New Member

I'm the same way. Every night the same story. Up and down all freakin' night.

Nick at Nite is my friend :)

Lunesta and Ambien didn't do a thing. I am going to try Rozerem

Deb
  12. unney

unney New Member

I have the same problem. I've been off of work for about 13 months, due to shoulder problems (3rd surgery is this Thursday!). Before that I used to work night shift. I can't make myself get tired, so I'm up until 2 or 3 in the am. Then I toss and turn. Can't sleep on the left because of the shoulder, so I sleep on the right. Then the right ribs and hip start hurting so I turn on my back. Then the pelvis and spine hurt, jeez, it never ends. We even have an expensive mattress, so that's not the problem.

I've tried Ambien, didn't work well for me. I've taken Trazadone and it helps, but I feel drugged. My hubby works nights, so I can't take it when he's not here. I'm worried I won't hear the kids or get up in time for school.

Between the pain and lack of sleep, I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll just keep dealing with it. I've noticed a lot of supplements that a lot of people are on and will start experimenting with some. Maybe that will help.

I was diagnosed just over 1 year ago, but have been suffering with this for almost 13 years. Hmmmm, maybe warm milk will help, haven't tried that, LOL

Good luck.
  13. kriket

kriket New Member

I don't go to sleep until about 4:00-5:00am in the morning. Sometimes I toss and turn and sometimes I read or watch tv, but by the next morn. I am so worn out.

Kriket
  14. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I take Ambien 10 mg. and Zoloft 100 mg. for pain relief and ability to sleep. They work in combination with each other.

It has made a huge change in my life.
  15. natesmommie1

natesmommie1 New Member

Iuse to be like that,but now i take 1or2 flexril, i take lyrica75mg,evail 100mgs,so ido sleep
    Bernadette
  16. born2fish64

born2fish64 New Member

I'm with you on the sleep problems!
    I take:
    2 muscle relaxers
    1 Restoril (sleeping pill)
    1 Zanax
    This is every night or I don't sleep. My Dr wants me to try and stop the sleeping pill because he thinks thats alot of night time meds. He's right it is alot and I don't like having to take them but I need sleep. I stopped the Restoril for a night and was awake every 2 hours and could not function at all the next day. I'm for whatever it takes!