anyone back to work, after many years??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DoveL, Sep 27, 2005.

1. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hello everyone! Anyone here back to work, after many years? I have not been able to work in 6 years, due to CFS/FMS! HELP!! I used to be a work-aholic before I got sick. I have been going to school part-time, and now looking for some part-time office work. I am soooo scared, and uncertain if I will not be able to do this! Dont' know if I can take another disapointment. I have not been out in 'the real world' in so long!!! I am going for an interview today. The job is from 12-5pm Mon. thru Fri. Maybe I should start with less hours? Any inspiration or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. DOVE
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Dove,

I wish you well on the interview. Maybe after you talk with the hiring person, you'll have a better feel for whether this is the right thing to do.

It might be wonderful, though, so go for it! If it doesn't work out, at least you tried.

Think of it as a learning experience, not a disappointment! Easy for me to say!

Good luck!

Francie
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

except my half day is in the morning. I find working earlier in the day is easier for me, but we are all different. Good luck with the interview and I hope the job works out. Even if it doesn't, at least you can give yourself a pat on the back for at least trying.

Ellen
  4. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hello Ellen and Francie, thanks for your encouragement! I did go on an interview today for clerical work in a Lawyers office. The job seems awesome....for a well person!! LOL But the duties and hours seem too taxing. Funny, how you go for a 'part-time' job, and it then when they interview you, they want MORE MORE MORE!!! LOL..have a great day. DOVE :)
  5. AnnieBannannie

AnnieBannannie New Member

Hi Dove,
    Im finally back to work after 2 long years, If I can give you any advice I would tell you to start out very slow, maybe 10-15 hrs per week. I have a wonderful boss who understands my Illnesses & Is very flexible. So be honest with your boss & if needed get a Dr's note.

Im now working up to 25 hrs per week, just go at your own pace. I work at Dunkin Donuts, so any shop simular to that may be a good start.

Good luck in your aventures & please let me know how the interview goes