Anyone been able to overcome anxiety through counceling?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Oct 23, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I know there a lot here with anxiety and I know that there are several types of anxiety.

I was just wondering if there were some here that went through any type of behavioral counciling w/ a psychologist/psychiatrist and were able to overcome it through some type of counceling?

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Mind if I ask what EFT is? I've never heard of it. Is it something natural or is it a script?

Kriket
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I did see a therapist and yes, it helped. I was able to talk and uncover many things that were bothering me.

The trick is to make sure you find the right therapist. I read where you should see three different therapists before deciding on one. I am glad I did that because the first two I did not like.

My therapist was really good. Many times I just did not feel like talking and she would carry the conversation, such a nice person.

I stopped going a couple of months ago because I was feeling so much better but I would see her again if needed.

In the beginning I was so anxious I could hardly sit down the entire time. I also did not want the door closed, it felt stuffy.

Another thing that helped me was taking Restoril at night. It helped me sleep but the next day my anxiety was way down.

Restoril is in the same drug family as Klonopin and it really helps anxiety. Today I am no longer anxious thank goodness. I also don't take Restoril now.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I tried 3 before I found one that meshes with me but I can not say that she has given me any great advice...just a sounding board. I'm going to let her talk next time.

I have had more help with medication, quite times, and ambient music for anxiety than therapy.