anyone been on zithromax

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by clerty, Jun 15, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

I have been on thses for a week and I feel ill I have not been tested for lyme as yet with the western blot but
    can anyone tell me how long did antibiotics to help before they statted feeling well.
    I have been on and off antibiotics for 2 years
    i am scared I might have damaged my body.

Clertyx
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

It can take anywhere from a few weeks to months or years before improvement with abx if you have lyme disease. It depends on the person, how far along the disease is, diet etc.

I have been on zithro since early April. I have many bad days but recently had a pretty good week. I know that zithro works well for some, but it did not work for my sister.

good luck!!
  3. clerty

clerty New Member

I will continue the AB

Clertyx
  4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I am on 250 mg. Zithromax 2X per day (Bb and Cpn) and 250 mg. Flagyl 3X (cysts) per day plus Diflucan and Nystatin (for yeast). Zith clears up some of the brain fog but the fibro is bad every 3rd-4th week. Week #4 is awful. I'm getting ready to rotate to another ABX.

Last year I was on Minocin for 6 months and then started pulsing it. When I stopped taking it many of my symptoms returned especially the fibro pain. Minocin stained my teeth but I felt so good on it.