Anyone been to a doc who reads your eyes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Aug 17, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I can't for the life of me remember the name for that kind of doc. They look in your eyes & can tell what is wrong with you.

If I knew the name I could do a search. Been thinking of going to one. Have a neice who was on death's door & this type doc found she had poison in blood stream from bad gall bladder. She's doing fine now.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks & take care.....Kathi
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I believe they are called 'iradologist' or something close to that! I went to one several years ago and he was right on somethings and not on others. He wasn't a doctor, just had been trained to do this. He also had a large array of supplements and minerals he sold.

Let me know what you think if you go!

Kim
  3. greeneyes24

greeneyes24 New Member

He said my illness is caused by too much radiation in my body and that he could get rid of the radiation and cure me with some VERY expensive supplements he was selling. I decided to go and get a second opinion with another iridiologist. She didn't mention radiation at all but said some other thigs which were half right half wrong and she also wanted to sell me supplements.
    My gut feeling told me that they are only after money so I stayed away from them.
  4. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Thanks for the responses. I know that these people are not docs - don't know why I wrote that - been foggy all day.

I thought it was a bunch of hooey when my neice told me she was going to see one, but after she improved so well & so quickly I thought maybe there was something to it.

I'm not sure if he tried to sell her a bunch of supplements or not - I'll have to call & ask her.

My biggest fear about going off the beaten path is the fact that there are so many scammers out there & these people are just looking for people like us who would do just about anything to feel better. I'm afraid they'll take my money & I won't be any better off than I am now.

It was just a thought & I wondered if anyone had gone to one & what your experience was. I'd like to hear more about it before I actually made a decision.

Anyone else have a story to share????

Take care.....Kathi
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My Naturopath was well-trained in Iridology and uses it at the first appt. to arrive at a diagnosis. When she read my eyes she told me many specific and true things. For example, she said she could see that my father had a heart attack in his early fifties! (he had one at age 53). How did she know that? Either there is something to it if you know how to do it correctly, or she was psychic and reading my mind rather than my eyes.
    The NIH did a study on iridology which they say proved it is bunk. That was not my experience, so I leave it up to you to judge for yourself.
    Klutzo
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

You both must have been responding as I was answering Kim & Greeneyes.

Thanks to both of you for sharing your experiences. Both seem to be positive.

I have been thinking of trying a holistic doc but have no idea who to go to. Do you just look them up in the yellow pages or what? It seems to me that a referral from someone who found a good one would be the way to go, wouldn't you think?

Take care....Kathi
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have posted this before, but will again, since I am adamant that most of us should be seeing holistic doctors.

1. Look in your Yellow Pages under holistic. If you find someone, call and ask about their philosophy and if they take insurance (many don't...that is how they are able to spend 1-2 hrs. with you per appt....they do not have to pay several employees to do insurance papers all day). You may have to file your own. I kept looking until I found one that took my ins., but I live in an area with 2 million people and you may not have that much choice.
    2.If you don't find one in the Yellow Pages, or there are too many to choose, call your local health food store and ask who they like.
    3. If you have nobody in your Yellow Pages, and no health food store either, look up the Website for GSDL (hint!) which stands for Greatr Smokies Diagnostic Laboratories. Send them an e-mail and give them all the zip codes you are willing to drive to, and ask for a list of the doctors in those areas who use their lab. Any doc using GSDL will be holistic.
    4. There are several websites with listings of holistic docs that you can find using a search engine. Some charge a small fee (about $10), and some will send you a catalogue with doctors listed by all the holistic specialties, ie. nutritional medicine, acupunture, homeopathy, reflexology, etc.
    Happy hunting!
    Klutzo