Anyone been to the WIlliam Hitt Center in Tijiuana for treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annade, Sep 5, 2008.

1. annade

annade New Member

A doctor that I have been working with here in San Diego (Dr. Gersten) has recently recommendd that I consider going to see Dr. William Hitt or Dr. John Humiston in TJ, Mexico (William Hitt Center). Apparently they do all sorts of alternative treatments for various illnesses from cancer to CFIDS and many things inbetween. Some of the treatments include ozone therapy and amino acid supplementation.

I was wondering if anyone has heard about this group or been to see them. I am interested in hearing from anyone that has as I am skeptical to go across the boarder for treament that has not otten FDA approval in California (in other states, but not CA).

Thank you in advance for any input you might have.

2. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

After all, there are a large number of alternative practitioners in the U.S.

Keep in mind that facilities (this applies primarily to hospitals but somewhat to clinics also) abroad are not subject to the same standards as those in the U.S. And any untoward effects or injury incurred will not be subject to the same laws re: malpractice as in the U.S. Finally, even presciption meds in Mexico are less well regulated in the U.S.: there are instances of counterfeit meds that look exactly like their U.S. versions.

3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

What txts does Gersten think you should have there?

What can they offer that Gersten can't. After all, Gersten is a big amino acid guy, right?

He can give you those?

4. annade

annade New Member

Dr. Gersten does have me on a whole bunch of supplements including amino acids, however, he strongly feels that since I have such a high viral and fungal load that he feels Ozone therapy would help with killing the viruses/fungus. The Hitt Center specializes in ozone therapy as a way of killing viruses and helping people who have tried everything that Western med. has to offer and are still sick. I am hesitant but am willing to have a consult with them.

If I decide definitively to go, I will post on my experience. I would love to hear from anyone that has actually gone.

5. annade

annade New Member

6. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

I have often looked into a few of the clinics in Tijuana. One is called Europa. They do have all kinds of interesting alternative therapies that we dont have here. I cant imagine what the expense would be though???? Most do want you to stay there for at least a couple of weeks to start.

It would be interesting to hear from people who did go out of the country and if they got any better results than we are getting here in the United States.
  7. hensue

hensue New Member

not that it would help me but right even my meds are out of sight the cost. the generic on most do not work. then some have no generic. i would do anything to get the prices down and
    find out what people in other countries are doing. that is where this new board is not helping we do not have the people on here. we have to find out where they went
  8. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Dr. Gerstin is very controversial and recommends patients to the William Hitt Center in Tijuana for treatment because some of his practices are illegal in the United States such as Ozone therapy. The following contains some interesting information.

“California attorney Jenelle C Prins, who has investigated Hitt, reports that "William Hitt does not have any undergraduate or medical degrees. In 1987 he was sued by the State of Texas, Case No 87 27882, for fraudulent practices. In sworn documents filed with the court, he admitted that he had no degrees of any type (except for one from what Hitt called 'a paper mill', known as Walden College)." Prins reports that the University of Colorado, where Hitt once claimed to have been awarded an MD in 1952, "has no record of him".

And what of that Nobel Prize? Hitt claims to have won the Nobel Peace Prize while a member of the International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War. This is false, she says.

The International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War corresponded with me and stated that Hitt had never been a member. Hitt has recently changed his story to say he was a member of the Mexican delegation to the International Physicians et al, but I checked this claim as well and it is also false."

Hitt claims to have won a "prestigious Eli Lily Award and several other awards. "I called Eli Lily and spoke with a woman there who researched Hitt's claim," says Prins. "First, Eli Lilly does not give out a prize. They do, however, provide grants, but no grant was ever awarded to Hitt."

"We learnt of his falsity when one of my clients returned from treatment for Hepatitis C in Mexico," says Prins. "When she went to her regular doctor to check her viral load, her levels were higher than when she went to Mexico." Prins says that in this and several other cases, "Hitt doctored test results"..."

The James Randi Educational Foundation

I would be very skeptical about going to this clinic.

Hope this helps.