anyone been treated with Valcyte or Valganciclovir?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, May 18, 2006.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I see this drug is being used in CFS trials at Stanford?

Anyone tried it?

Cheers
    Delia
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

bumping.. mebbe one of the FFC folks have tried this?
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Don't know about it, but hopefully someone does.....

bump
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

where do they sell this? I saw on the web its 450MG for $1300.00
    How can we get it here in the states?
  5. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are other options. I took Famvir for 1 1/2 years and it definitely helped me. I switched to the transfer factors C and 200 sold here and they have been especially efficient at driving the viruses into latency.

Love, Mikie
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

do u track your viral load by testing? or do u just gut check it?
    Cheers
    Delia
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No, my docs and I have done everything empirically. It was a fluke that I had to take Famvir prior to facial surgery as a preventive measure. I went into a temporary, but complete, remission. I took the Famvir for about six months and then pulsed off and on with it. I can tell when the virus reactivates. We've never even identified which virus, or viruses, is involved. I belong to an HMO and it would not pay for these tests.

I can tell by the Herxing from the AV and the TF's that there are a lot of pathogens being killed off. I basically go by how I'm feeling. There are definite symptoms when the infection reactivates. I have chills, swollen lymph nodes, headaches, aches, and a sore throat. If I have these symptoms and a fever, I suspect the mycoplasma infection is trying to reactivate and I take Doxycycline for a week to ten days. Dr. Nicolson tells me that there can still be cysts deep inside the body's tissue which can reactivate with mycoplasmas.

Chronic infections can be bacterial, fungal, and/or viral. We have to treat them.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  9. deliarose

deliarose New Member

good to know.. thanks for responding Mikie
    Delia

[ advertisement ]