Anyone break out in rash from heat?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blaze5113, Sep 4, 2008.

1. blaze5113

blaze5113 New Member

The heat has always bothered me but lately I break out in a rash on my arms when I'm in the sun. It's red and it itches and seems kind of swollen. Any ideas? Anyone EXTREMELY bothered by the heat. I feel like I'm going to pass out, get dizzy, etc.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

From what I understand this can be an allergic reaction to the sun.

also are you on meds that say stay out of sun?

Heat drains me like crazy also very dizzy etc. Seems like with fibro any kind of weather is yucky.

Stay cool
  3. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I was told it is a allergy to the sun also.
    The heat is terrible on me also.I turn red in the face,sweat,feel like passing out,and get more tired than usual.I feel like ripping my clothes off!!
  4. blaze5113

blaze5113 New Member

I was starting to feel like I was crazy (not the first time with all the horrible symtoms). Yes, I am on meds, but you can only stay out of the sun so much, especially when you HAVE to go to the Dr. and pharmacy, etc. My car has no ac and I feel like I'm going to scream. I have to stop sometimes just to go into a store to get some ac. My boyfriend really doesn't understand and that doesn't help so thank you guys SO MUCH. It really helps just to talk to someone. If is an allergy to the sun, any advice what to do? Thanks again.
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

for almost 2 months. The doc thought it was FM related and also allergy to sun. Same thing happened last summer. I've tried everything on my arms, but when it gets bad the only thing that calms the nerves is ice. Sometimes I wake up at 2 a.m. and have to sleep with ice packs.
  6. ellikers

ellikers New Member

It can be from the heat and not necessarily a sun allergy. Being dehydrated (which is easy when you have sensitive bodies like everyone on here) and on meds can increase your risk for heat rash.

More info here:

I would apply cool compresses (not ice, but cool washcloths, this is what I've been told for anything heat related with the skin, if you use ice you could risk damaging the nerves if they are already fried from sun or heat) and you can take an anti-inflammatory to help with the swelling. Also, stay well hydrated with lots of water and plenty of electrolytes (EmergenC packets are GREAT for replenishing your electrolytes!)

If you've been the sun or heat a lot and are feeling dizzy or lightheaded, that's a sign you could be headed to heat exhaustion (which is NOT fun! I've had it before). Following the above measures will help prevent it from getting worse, and should make you feel a lot better.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2008]
  7. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I get a very itchy rash that is miserable anytime I get in the sun or heat!I think it is medication related.