anyone cfs and anxiety attacks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Joyce1, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Joyce1

Joyce1 New Member

cant type much sorry... have anxiety attacks - physiologic anxiety all day. I havent got fm-pain
    MOre cfs symptoms. benzos dont help for long. just have to up dosage...

thanks
    jbk
  2. sb439

sb439 New Member

I don't have anxiety attacks, but used to be more anxious than normal when I was iller.
    Have you considered whether you may have mercury toxicity? This very often comes with anxiety.
    Some amino acids help with anxiety, because anxiety is sometimes the result of an amino acid deficiency.
    Sorry can't be of more help.
    all the best,
    Susanne
  3. atallred

atallred New Member

jbk,

My daughter (14) has CFS. Anxiety attacks were awful until Wellbutrin. Now, she is just a bit fearful at times, but able to recognize and control it.

You might want to ask your doc about Wellbutrin?

Hope this helps.
  4. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I have cfs/me and get anxiety attacks i have been off work for 9 weeks now with high blood pressor and stress the doctor said i need to calm down as i am very anxious and my pulse is racing i have brought a stress book got relaxation tapes to listen to before i go to bed as i cannot sleep to calm me down if you have the internet you can down load some relaxation music take care of your self
    (((((((((big hugs )))))))))))))
    Loopyloo xx
  5. Joyce1

Joyce1 New Member

i can relax durign but they still crash me. oiy

what types of amino acids (lacking) can cause anxiety?

thanks for hug

jbk
  6. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

I started having panic attacks at 17. I am now 45. I finally told a doctor about it when I was 34 and he gave me
    xanax. Klonipin helped later for general anxiety, so does Nuerontin and Ativan.
    But a book also really helped me a lot.
    When I was in my teens and later there wasn't a name for anxiety attacks. I thought I was just going crazy, and was afraid to tell any doctor for fear of being locked up!
    But I found this book and I did the work in it (it's not hard) and I read it whenever I need it. It still hlps me 15 years later.
    My anxiety is a lot less, just the kind anyone would have due to circumstances for the most part.
    There are a lot of other tools to use, many described in this book. It is called Anxiety, Fears, and Panic, by Reneau Z. Peurifoy.
    Hang in there,
    Ziggy

7. OmShanti

OmShanti New Member

i used to get tons.
    zanax was a life saver if i felt one coming on, it would help almost immediately.
    i've had preventative success over the past few years though, with celexa, prozac, and with 5htp as well. now i usually only get them if i'm in a lot of pain from something else at the time.
    but if i'm not at least taking 5htp, they start becoming more frequent. i guess it's just a matter of trial and error, finding what works best with your body chemistry or whatever.
    good luck to you ~ tara