Anyone: Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrotears, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

My parents want me to try colloidal silver for my pain but I'm not sure.

Have any one used colloidal silver and did it work, have side effects etc.

Fibrotears
  2. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Hi
    I heard about this stuff a while back and was excited to try it. Some here absolutely swear by it. I tried it, but did not notice any difference and after that, the bottle just sat around.

However, I just read in the Hopskins Med Newsletter, that they do not advise taking it, it can be dangerous and its benefits have been surpassed with time and better options. (Weird - they also said that by taking it, it can actually give a grey tint to the whites of your eyes and fingernails, that is permanent.) Anyway, I threw my away after reading that. But it is very confusing, as I said, some here love it.

good luck, tears,
    Mag
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Fibrotears,
    I take Colloidal Silver. It is considered a natural antibiotic, and so I use it in place of chmicl antibiotics, which I cannot take.

I have not heeard of any side effects, except when people took too much. Be aware that the medical commnity does not want people to take things like colloidal silver, because then they won't sell as many antibiotics.

Your local health food store should have a person who is well trained and who can inform you about it.

Good luck,
    Terry
  4. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Fibrotears,
    I have a friend that takes it for the antibiotic use...a doctor recommended it to her....he takes it also....
    This doctor is a personal friend of hers and mine...He has liver cancer and I know he has done many new, I mean new treatments for this liver cancer...he takes the silver..along with the treatments...

I have not spoken to him in a while, he is an ER doctor that is very busy....he seems to have this amazing energy...he says he cannot stop,and worry about the cancer, because that is when it will get him So, maybe there is somthing to this Silver....I'll find out more on what he says about the Colloidal Silver..

Take Care,
    Cindy
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I invested in quite a few bottles of colloidal silver, had it shipped over from states to uk.

I took it faithfully but really didnt see any difference so I too now have a few bottles lying around.

It wont hurt to try it, maybe it will help you.

Rosie
  6. Chootik

Chootik New Member

My doctor at the Los Angeles FFC gave me a bottle of "Argentine 23". This is a very hight quality Colloidial Silver product. The particle size is very small and thus it will NOT make you Gray. Those are from the old days, but the better quality and yes more expensive Colloidial Silver products won't do that.

As for how effective, I took it for a few months for a Mycoplasma Infection. I felt better after the treatment. Also the Doc. that gave it to me, he does a LOT of research into new stuff and always has new products. So he recommended this to me, there must be something to it.

I also called the manufacturer and spoke in-depth with them and and he said a lot of good things about this products. It is an Anti-Inflamatory and also fights Bacteria and Viruses. Also Dr. Garth Nicholson, the doc that did a lot of reasearch on Gulf War Syndrome, recomends taking the Collidial Silver with other Antibiotics for killing Mycoplasma and other bacteria and virusus.

Hope this helps. You can always google it and find more info.

Good luck
    Maryam
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A person couldn't drink enough of it for it to have that effect. It also isn't dangerous. Doc used to use silver nitrate to treat conditions and that does have some dangerous side effects. People have confused it with the colloidal silver, which is not dangerous.

Dr. Nicolson recommends it, along with the ABX for mycoplasma infections. It is used, in a commercial form, to ride swimming pools of fungi.

If you buy it, get a good brand with small silver particles as the smaller the particles, the more effective the stuff is.

Love, Mikie
  8. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I have good results for my arthritis pain. Its rather subtle, very noticeable when I dont take it.

I had an older family aquaintance bring me a bottle after he had seen me hobble around...bless his heart...at first I felt skeptical and tried to be gracious. After he left I thought to my self 'o sure' snake oil or branchwater for sure. I googled it and read and read. You cannot turn gray from this. I was really hobbled at the time ...it just kind of dawned on me 'hey I am moving!'

I cannot do without it now.

Stephanie

ps. ouch where did you get your machine?
  9. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Thankyou very much. I will do just that.

Stephanie
  10. gnanny

gnanny New Member

sorry I was half asleep when I checked for a reply.

I try to reply when my questions have been answered and didnt want to wait too long or I would forget.

I will be looking into a generator. Would love to have plenty to share. I do have a question...does that mean its no so 'condensed' as the bottles you buy that come with a dropper?

Thanks again, stephanie
  11. gnanny

gnanny New Member

No hurry, I'll check back.

I think I have found just what I want for my birthday.
    Sweetie always asks and I always say ' can't think of a thing'. hmmm he will be surprised this year but won't mind.

Yes paying $26 for 4 oz. is painful !

I'll check back later or better yet I'll just google it now, yes that way we wont have to bother your husband. Thanks for the offer though. I'm sure I will find answers there.

take care, stephanie
  12. gnanny

gnanny New Member

thankyou. Its sounds perfect. I know when I first researched colloidal silver I read about the machines and thought it sounded like a good idea. Then I just forgot about it. Typical for me.

I use the silver for my arthritis pain....what do you get from it?

13. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I wish I could retain more. I hope I can remember the story about your mother in law. It seems lately I hear of someone I know having cancer more and more often.

I am ever skeptical of something that 'cures whatever ails ya' but this seems to fall into this category.I have used the silver salve for fungal infection too.

Thanks for sharing
    take care
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

How long have you been using c. silver?

What does it do for symptoms of FM/CFS?

Have you noticed any side effects/downside?

Thanks.