Anyone diagnosed with Hep C

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flaxen, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

I have had FMS for 20 years...flares up and down..nothing ever confirmed with the standard blood tests..recently, I have been feeling really weak with a lot molore joint and muscle pain..went to the Doc...ordered tests and i was expecting an elevated RA or something.To my dismay, my liver enzymes were high..I've been taking a ton of advil, but he doesn't think that would affect it (re: alt/ast ratio) So now he is testing me for hep A,B, C and I am a wreck! The reason I am concerned is that I put myself into detox and accidentally used my roomates toothbrush..found out she has hep C...I am pissed. You can speculate forever on modes of transmission..the tests will tell...anyone else?
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Dear Flaxen,

I'm hoping the tests for hepatitis will all be negative and that you don't have to wait too long to find out.

My brother has hep C. He takes Milk Thistle. It cleanses the liver. I believe it has both improved his quality of life and extended it. Someone else I know with hep C was on interferon and used the milk thistle at the same time. He is in complete remission now.

My fingers are crossed for good news on the test results.

Take care!

Francie