ANYONE DIAGNOSED WITH INTERSTIAL CYSTITUS S?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovabuga, Sep 4, 2003.

1. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT AS MY UROLOGIST SAYS IT GOES WITH FIBRO...ANYONE KNOW,,,HAVING A FLARE UP OF IT.

THANKS
    LOVABUGA
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2003]
  2. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

I BUMPED THIS UPDOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FEEDBACK?
  3. joee

joee New Member

Hi
    Yes I have IC. Many people with IC do get Fibro.IC is an inflammatory disease of the bladder. It can cause shrinking and scar tissue,of the bladder. It feels like you have a UTI. I think you might be interested in a website for ICers called the ICN Network. I really feel that would be helpful to you.Good Luck any Questions Just ask-Joee
  4. Yes I have been bothered with that on and off over the years. I took meds for it for awhile. Be careful certain things, tomatoes, orange juice, cranberry juice ,spicey foods. parsley, aggravate it. Drink lots of water. It is miserable.
    Good luck.
  5. aching

aching New Member

Yes, I think I have it. Twice I went to the Dr. thinking I had an infection. Pain, pressure just above the bone and having to go right away. Anyway both times I was told I had no infection. Last time the nurse said their was blood in it when she tested it in the office. When it came back from the lab it was negative for everything.
    Aching
  6. JCJ

JCJ New Member

I.C. was my first symptom. Diagnosed in about '95. took a long time to calm down, but diet was the best option. I'm very sensitive to meds, and it took a while to find anything that helped. I took Amitriptylene and Atarax for quite a while. Uro didn't even tell me there were foods that would irritate; had to find that out on my own. There's some good info on the web. Just do a search on it. One site, I believe, is Rowan's resources, and gives a complete list of high oxalate foods.
    Hugs,
    JCJ
  7. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

i try to stick to the diet as best i can.i have found that many of the foods that send my fm into flares also do the same with the ic.thanks for the help.
    lovabuga