Anyone, do you guys love roller coaster???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Angel6801, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

All right... I am BIG fan over roller coasters... But now I am dreading just to even think about it. I deicded to ignored my symptoms and try out last summer. Big mistake! I felt like I am going to pass out. But after that I was fine... My question to you guys.. Do you guys used to love roller coaster? and if so, do you stop go cuz of this FM??? I think I will be fine as long it is going up and down, no spinning, but I had to make sure it is NOT too rough or it will kill my headaches.. I am only 23 and felt sooo old! I do miss of feeling great during roller coaster. I would hate the fact that I might can't enjoy this ever again. Anyone has this problem? I am afraid to mention this to dr cuz I do not want to hear an order that I can't ride roller coaster.:) :)
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Total chicken!

Kinsie
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

some sort...i wouldn't be saying anything to them that you are riding on those at all...because they may thing if you are good enough to do that then you could be working...

yes i used to love those things..but after i had my baby at the age of 25 i all of a suddent would get so ill afterwards had to run to the potty right after words...both ends,..

i would lose all kinds of weight...i think it was anxiety..phylsically forget...i have more goingn on than just fibro. neck/back elbow,hands, knees and ankels and feet...so for gety it i a;lready feeel like i have been in a train wreck or beter said hit by a bus...

jodie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i grew up in battle creek michigan and would take trips to cedar point...i live in california now,,,and i had to take my son to cedar point...thatis his favorite place...we went o n the milinium ride when it first cam out...he went there last summer his grandparents and and a friedn from cali...

jodie
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

only my son is not keen on them but the rest of us are coaster mad!!
    i dont go on as many as i used to because the ones that throw you around leave us sore and bruised ~ you know how it is.

one day i WILL go to alton towers, i want to ride oblivion and air!

is'nt ceder point the worlds highest woodie?
  6. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

Yes, I am from OHio. As far for SSI, I am deaf so I am eligble to have SSI. My symptoms are mild though... Some days are realy worse. I guess it is depend on the days...

Cedar Point are awesome!!! I haven't been there ever since I was 17. I haven't try the highest roller coaster but I would love to try it.. That's it.. If my body can tolerate it. :) I think I go easy first to see how my body adjust it. :p
  7. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

I am a huge coaster fan. I have been to ceader point, it was awsome. BUT my all time favorite is the Areosmith Rockin Rollin Rollercoaster at disney world. No I haven't tried it since my FM became a "full blown" case. going to florida next week for a couple months. I'll let you know how it was!
    Sheri
  8. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

It isn't the coasters that do me in. Its the walking and standing in line. My husband toke me to kings island 2 years ago. I wanted to go so bad. By the middle of the day my legs were gone and I was leaning on the rails in line just trying to stay on my feet. At the end of the day it hurt to move a muscle. I had to sit at the entrance for my husband to get the car and pick me up. I could do it in a wheelchair, then the next day I would be sore just from the coasters and not put out of commission.

M
  9. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

It has been about 7 years since I took my last roller coaster ride - this was a wooden one and we bounced around all over the place (my body really hurt the next day).

Unfortunately, my DH does not like coasters, so he was less than thrilled when I suggested we try out one of the steel coasters that go upside-down. The line for that one was extremely long - so I never did get on it.

Oh well...my other secret wish is to try skydiving before I die. Needless to mention, my husband isn't at all interested in trying that, either.

Best wishes,

Janice
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Huge fear of heights here!

The only thing I'd worry about---if I was fearless like you, and not afraid, like me!---would be if I had any back, neck or vertebrae problems like so many of us have here. But if I didn't have those issues, and I LOVED rollercoasters like you do, I'd go. I think the more things we can retain out of our "old" lives, the better.

Have fun!!!!

Pam
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

TOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND TOO SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my teens and twenties, I would go on them, but never did have a real "love" of them!

However, I did have a real HATE for ferris wheels!!!! I should say I had more of a fear of them than hate!! They always did scare me to death. As kids I would have to always ride with my two brothers and when we got stuck on top, they would just rock that seat back and forth so much that I always wished that I could die!!

Janet
  12. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I like to watch the discovery channel when they talk about the new bigger and faster roller coasters.I have only been on a few in my area.I would love to go and get on some of the new monsters.I would like to try the one where you feel like you are flying.You actually are lying face down on the coaster.How cool is that?

Sheila
  13. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

That was cool! and... Lol, I do have a FEAR of ferris wheel!!!! It is just strange that I love to ride on roller coaster but had a terrible fear of ferris wheel! Someone actually laughed at me! But I dont' care. :) :)
  14. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

upside down coasters are no problem, i like the tempest which is like a pirate ship but goes upside down ~ it holds you in the air upside down before it swings back down again. LOVED IT!!!

ferris wheels im a real wimp i hate them and am terrified so i proposed to my husband at the top of a big wheel. he liked the gesture, my pants didnt ;D LOL