anyone doing neurofeedback w/new LENS machine??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Apr 1, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

After several sessions with the older machine, realized I was way too sensitive for it........totally revved me too much; had too many side affects. (but I'm a pediatric canary "elder")

So my provider switched me to the newest LENS machine, and we went from 36 seconds when I first started; way over-stimulating. Now we've discovered I can't handle anymore than 1 second one one site.

And, also discovered that the side/sites that are helping me the most are my left frontal. Interestingly exactly the area where I hit my head 3 years ago when coming off my horse.

The biggest improvement so far is my "mood"......from severe depression to occasional; energy more "stable"; was coming off of klonopin when the wrong "site" was done & it took me into "racing brain syndrome". That's how powerful these treatments are.

This machine (LENS Mini C) is incredible! Being ill for over 20+ years, I know it's going to take time to at least increase my quality of life.

Lots of information if you google LENS or neurofeedback.

Hoping as always............carole
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Been researching for so many years; trying everything on the market; tested inside & out, etc., etc.

Stopped most of my supplements; just wanted to focus on my neurofeedback to see where it would take me. I began last October, but the provider was not knowledgeable enough, so I switched to another one.

And although she's been doing "biofeedback" for many years, and did her Phd dissertation on neurofeedback & fibro, she's still learning as well.

I can only go lx/week, and for only one second, so very slow, but now that we've isolated what's helping, it should be easier. One week we hit a site that helped my sleep for days; then wore off, so have to go back to that site again, as my insomnia is bad as well.

We're just learning which site helps me; then will return to them until my chemistry has balanced itself out. Fortunately my insurance co covers it or there's no way I'd be able to do it.

This is very cutting-edge but studies are showing remarkable results. It's all about getting a very experienced provider.

Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

LIGHT************carole