anyone else a new mom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, Jan 24, 2009.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I am. The Fatigue seemed to get to a tolerable level and so I felt good enough to get pregnant. Then I was banking on the CFS going away after she was born. Did not happen. Now, I'm all of a sudden hitting a wall where I'm struggling (baby is 8 mths old). I just started back on Prozac to help stop the crying of being in shock of fatigue beating me up again. I'm gonna go back to FFC to see if they can help. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else can relate. Still going with tears in eyes and all:)

Kelli
  2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

My youngest is ten, so I can't identify with you in the moment, but I do remember what you are going through and hope the Prozac will help, as well as the FFC. I had three kids and it was like that for me all three times. It does get easier, but takes time. Your body is still recovering and just the memory of carseats and heavy babies, and crying in the night...ahh, let me give you a big hug thru the web here....((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))).

Are you taking any supplements or meds other than the prozac? I might be able to remember that far back if you have any questions.

And by the way, congratulations! Despite your struggles, it's such a blessing.
    Take Care,
    Cindy
  3. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I really appreciate it. I am taking a billion of other supplements. T3 and Cortisol from before I was pregnant from the FFC. End Fatigue Powder from FFC. DHEA/Pregnanlone. Just started back on Mitomax (another FFC supplement). Not trying to plug them or anything--that's the only place that I've been able to go to try and help me (which they did a little, just not alot--yet). I'm hopeful to end this horrible fatigue forever. Was taking Trazadone for sleep but just switched to Melatonin, Ambien and Magnesium.

I also had two sleep studies done over the last couple years that stated I wasn't getting any stage 3 or 4 sleep. So, no wonder i was tired.

What's your level of fatigue now--good or bad or medium? Do your kids love you despite this issue. I really hope my daughter will love me despite this.

Thx.
    Kelli
  4. divatifflyn

divatifflyn New Member

Hi, Ive had fibro for about 4 years or so. My son will be two in March. Had postpartum depression really bad, was on prozac and have since been off of it. Have been taking Lyrica for about 7 months and it seems to help. However with the job crisis and such, I had to go off cold turkey for about a month. (No, we have no insurance when there is work, construction) Decided I couldnt take the pain anymore and had to go refill the lyrica. Guess its lots of top ramen for us. :) Some days are such a struggle. I feel like Im letting my son and husband down everyday. Im lucky to keep house somewhat clean, cook dinner some days, and thats with my husbands help. All Ive ever wanted to be is a mom, and now because alot of days Im laying in bed I feel like the worst mom there is. Not to mention the mood swings Im experiencing and anger issues. Wondering if postpartum can come back? Feeling at the end of my rope and need people to talk to who can relate.
  5. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

You're welcome-- I'm glad you are on a good program. I was on Ambien for quite awhile and stopped at my pain doctor's suggestion and I have way less day time fatigue, even if I don't sleep well. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me and haven't been sleeping that well but keep trying! Ambien helped me sleep but it definitely made the fatigue worse for me.

Yes, my kids love me despite my health issues. I don't cry in front of them now, and try not to complain ever, but they know I wish I could do more. When I can, I do. Mine are 17, 12 and 10 and that's all they've ever known. Some years have been better than others. I haven't been able to work in the last 11 years, though. I have always been blessed to have help when needed, and take advantage of it, even now. Do you get help from family or friends?

I had a remission for almost two years w/ little fatigue, but after I had my second child, it left and never fully returned.

I have a prescription for Provigil which has given me mixed results. I try to eat some protein the minute I open my eyes, and that always helps. I used to use NADH, which you can research here (and order) that helped for awhile. Also, COQ10. (I still take that).

Have you considered Elavil or Flexeral (sp)? Those help supposedly w/ restoritive sleep. I took Elavil successfully BEFORE getting pregnant and it worked wonders, but after my body was too sensitive.

Take Care,
    Cindy