Anyone else accused of having an affair??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Sep 18, 2005.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

My husband thinks I'm having an online affair. Yes it's the fault of everyone here! I just can't stay off this board. The first thing I want to do when my son is in bed is check the board! Ok so I am addicted! I love it here! I love reading the posts and seeing how everyone is doing.

Thanks for the comraderie and the encouragement. Lynn

PS He doesn't really think I'm cheating but he is a little jealous!
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

with a smile, bless his loving heart.

He knows I get a lot of support here but I think sometimes I have to give him time too - I certainly have lots of it to give - but you know what I mean, uninterrupted time.

Like Hangin in there, I wouldnt tolerate him spending so much time online - he's not computer literate and has no wish to be, so no problems there.

Rosie
  3. orachel

orachel New Member

...at all, but that was a hilarious way to describe it! Yup. I think my hubby is a tiny bit maybe jealous and or concerned that I've been spending so much time here. But heres's the deal for me (and I really think he does understand this...). Aside from my hubby, I literally have 0 friends/relatives/support system within 300 mile radius. Man, that sounds really sad just writing it. Not sure how the heck that happened, but we've only lived here for 2 yrs, and we both worked like crazy hours (not me in the last 3.5 mos since I've been ill, obviously...wish like heck I could work, LORD KNOWS we need the money!!!) and my only buddies were at work. Ya'll know how quick work "friends" fade away (even those you "think" you're pretty close to...) when you're no longer in the workplace?! Sheesh. Plus add to that a crazy ole' misunderstood illness like I've got, and between wrong information and not having anything in common anymore (and I sure can't go to happy hour, or parties, or work functions anymore because of health!), we just totally lost touch. I'm pretty sad abt it, but at same time figure if we were really as "close" as I thought, this wouldn't have happened. Such is life, right? Plus, my hubby and I have made friends with a couple of his coworkers and their spouses, but lemme tell you....It seems nearly impossible for us to find a couple to hang with where hubby gets along with work friends' "husband" and I get along with work friends "wife"...I dont know if that made any sense at all on paper! LOL It's pretty strange too, cuz both hubby and I are pretty darn tolerant understand friendly people (we try hard to be at least!), but there are a ton of STRANGE peo;e out there! Really strange. We've had some funny cocktail party stories/out to dinner w/ friend stories/ hang out and play cards or watch movie stories w/ other couples that would make your TOES CURL. Horrifying, but funny. We finally found a couple we just loved, and they loved us, and overnight they became like family and vice versa...then husband got transferred to Boston and they had to move! OY.

So...whew! Long post! Sorry...morale to this whole shebang of wacky info is unfortunately enough, I literally have no buddies in the area at all....good acquaintances, but not buddies. And certainly not comfortable even sharing my health issues in general with acquaintances. Kinda like "Hey, nice neighbor across the street! Didja know I got sick and can barely walk or move anymore? And by the way, I'm so sensitive to sounds and stuff that I wanna scream in frustration when you insist in mowing your lawn at 7:00 am THREE TIMES A WEEK???!!!" Just kidding, but I hope you get my drift.

Family is all far away, and goodness knows has enough problems of their own....don't need to worry them with something they can't possibly do anything about and will only give them one more "burden" to carry emotionally in this world. So....Ya'll are pretty much it in the way of support and moreso even, understanding and companionship (aside from my AMAZING WONDER HUSBAND, that is...but he's insanely busy). So I'd like to thank each and every one of you...give you a nice gentle hug, and send you each a wonderful surprise gift just to brighten your day a little ( if I ever win the lottery, that is! lol). So thanks a TON to all of you.

And finally....I'm having an extraordinarily hard time with wretched levels of pain and movement and fog and medication and all the nonsense we have to deal with right now. Oddly enough, even though it really hurts my hands and arms (which is why some of my posts are absolutely long, and some are teensy tiny)trying to wrap my foggy brain around thinking of a possible way to offer some kinda support or guidance to someone other than myself is a pretty good distraction from feeling so "internalized" and isolated from the world because of my own problems. Also, you all have really illustrated for me the importance of positive thinking, so I'm just trying to pass on the favor to as many people on here as possible.

So, hey. If my hubby thinks its a little strange, or kinda obsessive (which i fully acknowledge, btw!), then that's ok. Its a solace to me, and I hope I bring some smiles occasionally to at least a few of you out there, and we all need all the help and support and information we can get at this point, RIGHT?

Hugs to all!
    Rachel
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

HANGININTHERE...you truly have the ability to crack me up on a daily basis! You are a riot! Thanks for the giggles (almost always reminds me of my own self, so I think that's why its so funny) ;)

ROSIEBUD...You are 100% absolutely right in my opinion. I came on board for about 3 hrs yesterday afternoon. But I FORCED myself to get out of bed early, and make my hubby a really simple breakfast in bed tray, complete with flowers from the garden. It nearly killed me walking around that much, and standin to cook, and walking outside for the flowers and such, but dang....the Wonder Husband puts up with all my issues, and is so supportive (in spite of his exhaustion from work, etc) and practically waits on me hand and foot sometimes when I'm at my worst and can't do much for myself. So I really really am trying to remember and think of extra special ways that I can show him I love him and appreciate all he does (even when it hurts me a little extra). He's worth it!!! So thanks for reminding us all of the fact that while this group is amazing, we've gotta remember to do loving things for our families and friends in any way we can!

Rach
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

No, my hubby knows that I wouldn't have any energy for an affair, even on line. However, until he realized what this Board was about, he was somewhat annoyed that I'd be online so much to "talk" about FMS, etc. I've been doing this off and on for a couple of years now, so he's used to it and appreciates the info that I've gleaned as well as the fact that I do get support here.

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

None of us could run off because most of us can barely walk! L
  7. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

we hear al these stories about people meeting online and leaving their spouse so i know its happening my husband is always asking who im talking to when im typing. he doesnt like me talking to people online but this board is the only place i feel understood. ive never been fond of chat rooms they seem to talk about nothing but here everyone is so helpful i guess you could call it an affair lol
  8. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

for something like that? I'm kidding, of course. Did you tell him that we are mostly women? Maybe he'd like to log on and meet us. Ask him how he would like a hundred more women around to pick on him. But, he can't log on until he picks up his dirty socks, puts down the toilet seat, and watches at least one hour of Lifetime Television for Women.
  9. orachel

orachel New Member

Those were some great ideas/responses...I might just have to print this deal out to show to hubby next time he mentions anything abt worrying I'm on here too much. Probably give him a laugh too!
    Rachel
  10. else, heck like I tell my husband, no way could I deal with another man, don't even have the energy to take care of one man, let alone two!
  11. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I'm usually the first one up .. around 6:30 AM .. so I get some quiet time to check out what is new at my "haunt" .. I have become addicted to reading all the great stuff on here .. I think there is a fibro support group in this city but I'm so private I find it a lot easier to make comments here .. my doctors wanted me to participate in a pain study ( only a few lucky people were chosen ) .. I know you are all going to think I'm nuts .. I turned it down .. I just didn't want to spend all that time talking about myself .. I can't explain .. and I know there are people who would jump at the chance .. I even feel badly that those people don't have the opportunities I have .. so a guilt trip included in that one ? .. in any case .. the way I look lately .. my hubby couldn't possibly worry about me having an affaire .. off line or ON ! haha
  12. kbak

kbak Member

You got me with the title!! Glad you love the board. I do too!
  13. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I wish I was!!! I would love to have the energy to feel all that excitement!! Especially since it appears since I have been sick my husband has been talking to another woman hours at a time. I should have never confronted him because now they are no longer talking via cell phone. That is where I was tracking them.

Now though I have him tracked by GPS!!! LOL!!!
  14. tejanya

tejanya New Member

we must also remember our family and freinds that do not have computers. that they need to know we care as much as we need to know. if we do not develop time with others in our lives, why should they wnat to be with us? this board was not created by accident, we all need an outlet. those of us that can't let go verbally, can by writing it.
    this site has and continues to be a blessing. that is because we are special, but not so special that we are the only ones. there is always the need to reach out.