Anyone else afraid of fun????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by landslide77, Nov 11, 2002.

1. landslide77

landslide77 New Member

I often talk myself out of a horrible mood and in doing so i think I've created a mood of "live sucks and that's normal"..........Is anyone else afraid fun= mania????Blessings!
  2. landslide77

landslide77 New Member

I often talk myself out of a horrible mood and in doing so i think I've created a mood of "live sucks and that's normal"..........Is anyone else afraid fun= mania????Blessings!
  3. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I'm Type A and a workaholic and never learned to relax. I still after many years of therapy have this issue but I am trying to turn it around - not even sure I will ever do so. I answered Kadywill about highs and lows; I do seem to have manic episodes where never before had; only depression. So, yeah, I often seems manic when I am well. Particularly when everyone tells me to calm down and seems way more laconic than I am. I think I have a big heart and it's exuberance and manic relief that I even HAVE a good day! Who knows. But life is short. Peace; BonBons
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I really rejoice and overdo it on my good days and I pay for it the next few days!! My idea of FUN has changed so much over the years. FUN now is driving to Lenoir (an hour's drive) to see my granddaughters for the day. The drive to and from and the continuous playing, reading, laughing and LOVING them wears me out for days and days!! Oh well, I'm 47....this is all the fun I really need, except for the wild passion I feel for my husband. My idea of wild passion has also changed over the years!!! lol
    Love,
    Kady
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I would like nothing better than to take my Appaloosa out back for an all day trip through the woods behind my house, but I have applied for SSDI and I am afraid that someone might see me and decide that if I am well enough to ride, I am well enough to work. These days, I don't trust anyone. I have seen all those fakers on 60 Minutes and similar shows and I don't want to be lumped in with them. These days fun is being able to get out of bed in the morning.
    Kathryn
  6. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

I am not sure what is fun anymore. My idea of fun and my family's idea of fun are very different. My kind of fun is a couple of hours to my self in a hot tub (maybe a good book) with not one nagging at me. My family's idea of fun is to go far away, spend alot of money, see everything as fast as possible, and if we forget to rest.... oh well. I look foward to my kind of fun, but I dread thiers. I do it for them, but I am not sure how many more "fun" trips I can handle. They are learning slowly, but I don't want to ruin thier good time eather. I told my hubby just the other day, the next "fun" trip we take, they go and I stay in the room with a hot tub. They can come get me at dinner time!
  7. alsu

alsu New Member

Hi all from the U.K
    My idea of fun. Time with my family,

Time without my family
    lol alsu