Anyone else always hurting ankles, knees and hips when trying to

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Mar 23, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I can only walk about 15min. a day.

I use to work out 1 or more hrs. a day w/ weights, areobics. etc.

I have hypermobility and I think that might be why I have always ended up hurt.

I wore high tops and made sure not to over extend and was always hurt.

Now I am slowly walking again ( around the house yard is to bumpy from moles!)for at least 10 to 15 min. and my ankles and hip flexers are driving me crazy. It is very frustrating.

I was wondering if I am the only one, if not what do you do?

I ice my ankle after walking and do stretches my p.t. showed me, still hurts.

Thanks guys, Claudia
    P.S. Forgot to mention I have taken glucosamine, chondrotin and MSM and arnica they don't help this either.[This Message was Edited on 03/23/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have this somewhat. Mostly in the upper extremeties though. So the same problems you get by walking I get by say doing dishes or knitting. I loved to knit, sculpt too, but now after a few minutes it hurts.

I have no answers. I hope someone does. I feel sorry for your pain.

Love Anne C
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Sorry you have this too.

My chiropractor use to say he didn't know how my bones held together, because i am so loose jointed.:) Gee thanks.:)

My upper body gives me trouble big time, but because of tight muscles and many trigger points.

I hope you find something that helps you.Our search continues.....

Claudia
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Loose joint? Sounds like words I used to hear back in the 70s LOL...guess they still have them today, but I wouldn't know.

My knees feel like they completely separate sometimes...talk about loose!

The gluc./condroitin/MSM helps me a lot....I rarely take any pain med for this problem now.

Just call us a bunch of loosey-gooseys, right?

findmind
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Glad you found something that helps.:0

Claudia
  6. tejanya

tejanya New Member

i use a leg brace that goes from the sides of the foot up to the calf. i wear it just like a sock except it is velcro in 2 places. i have weak ankles also. this brace helps a great deal. i landed on the left side of my foot when i slipped during our 1st snow. i used the brace and eventually was able to walk knowing there was support. i did wear it during my walks and it was comfy. oh yeah, i am a clutz at times. so far it has been the month of march. so i keep this brace handy. i used to stop my brothers bikes with my ankles so, that could assist the clutzy-fibro. keep a good thot.
  7. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

That's a good idea.

I use my left foot to help brace doors, so I don't have to use my arms. I know that makes it worse, I actually got "turf toe" from doing that.:)

Thanks for the info.

Claudia