Anyone else awake tonight?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Sibyle~, Jan 27, 2006.

1. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

My hubby is at a sleep study. It is terribly lonely in my bed tonight. Can't sleep.
  2. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

That he cannot even get out of the bed. If he has to go potty he has to call them to unhook him from all the stuff.

How can you sleep like that? I would be screaming and clawing it all off of me. I am claustraphobic though.
  3. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

I hope so anyway. He can sleep through World War 3.
    It is so good that he went though, he snores so badly.
    LOL They put something on his nose to measure how much he snores. At least he will not have me poking him in the ribs.

Your a young one. I am sorry to see that you are trying to finish school while sick. That must be tough.
  4. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

and the one night when someone else is watching for him to stop breathing I CAN'T SLEEP. Irony is cruel, LOL.

I did not have this DD in highschool but I did in college. Be sure to allow yourself plenty of rest time. But I love that line from the Tim Allen movie "Never give up, never surrender!"
    That is how I survive each day. I am too stubborn to stay down, LOL.

Are you going to the FFC?
  5. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

I cannot afford one either. I am trying out Stormysky's protocol with the shake. I am loving the shake so far. It works better than drinking a Coke in the morning.

My hubby is my best friend. We have been together since I was 17. It will be 9 years on February 9th.

You seem very mature for your age. It is good that you are a logical thinker. I am more of a spontanious person and get myself into trouble that way sometimes. Depression to me is the biggest thing I have to watch out for with this DD. It is easy to get discouraged.

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i started taking somehting for restlss legs last night, well it does not help to get sleepy, i feel like i get more alert...yuck..now i just took some ambien...

i have to do my sleep study on 2/19..we think it may be sleep apenea...

jodie
  7. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

It is good that you are getting your sleep checked out. Sleep apnea can shorten your life.
    I am so sorry that you are unable to sleep tonight. I hope the Ambien kicks in soon!
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just am tired of having my nights and days mixed up...

i either can take nothing and get maybe a nap in or no sleep and pray i get some sleep...

i started snoring a couple of years ago...then i thought it was my j.a. boyfriend being a jerk waking me up telling me how i snored...and tell me to go out on the couch...i told him to sleep on the couch it was my house...i was a b...

we snored and wreaked of booze...we are no longer together...
    he did me a favor and found another female friend at the time...but he was calling me from march 04-9-05...i had to tell him that it would never work out and quit calling me...

then my x-hubby and i were let's say seeing each other and he told me i was snoring...i never did that for like 19 years of sleeping with him...

so i guess i came out of denial...

jodie
  9. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

Get some rest sweetie. We can chat later :)
    Thanks for talking to me.

Jodie, I snore also but only when I am sick or really tired. Hope it doesn't develop into more!
    They have surgery for it now so you don't have to use the CPAP.
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you are the same age as my son..he turned 16 12/21/05..he is a sophomore...and of course very handsome...

his pediatrician had been keeping an eye on him for he has the nice little knots in his upper back and lower back...and te tenderpoints...

he has been so so so exhausted the past few days it scares me to have to have him go through this like myself...

he plays footbal and throws the discus and a shot put on the track team...he made it to next step to going to state lst year as a freshmen...he is a natural athlete...

he writes all sorts of poems..he is into diablo and halo2 videos you name it...he is a 3.0 student so far...i am trying to to his gpa up to a 3.5...

he says the same thing you do so much stress on grades and graduation...

here in california starting this year the students must pass an exit exam plus the usual graduate stuff...4 years of english and math...

it will be interesting to see how the students fair on the exit exam for there are alot of hispanics and other nationalites here in california...the dumb state laws...

i feel if they have passed the required classes to graduate leave these kids alone...they already have to take act's or the sats' for college to get accepted...

what do you want to do after high school any idea?

MY SON WANTs sorry hit the caps...he wants to go to u of m and play football and/or video gamming college...

he is lucky at least he has his college tuition and books and a monthly allotment of like 600$ for 48 months paid for...for his dad is a disabled vet of 30%...so it qualifies you children in california for this benefit...so at least if a scholarship doesnt come thru then he has this to do...

that is more than my parents ever did for me...i worked fulltime and paid them rent plus did chores...and went to college full-time....

i don't want mys on to have to work as hard as i did...

jodie
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

my doctor mentioned i would have to wear a cpap thingy...understand right now i have kaiser her in california...not my favorite...i need to check out some other avenues for insurance thru the medicare stuff...i was just formerly approved 11/0/05 so i didn't realy have much time to figure this medi-care stuff out,,//

i have things i need to do and that is one of them...then i have stock pile of paper work to file and shred..the do taxes and go thru closets and toss out stuff...

i just haven't been motivated for a long time...i am typically neat freak but i have been not so much since i really got shingles last year in february...pneumonia in march, and my mother from mi..she stressed me out and had to leave early again to co-dpend my dad...

jodie

12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he is getting sick w/cold and getting grumpy...i made him some airborne drink...he is tick cause he wants to see his girlfriend...they are both in sports...so they don't see each other that much thank goodness, nothing personally agains the gh, buti just dont's want to be a grandma till he has completed his dreams....

di everyone else go to sleep?

jodie
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i haven't been t sleep...this new stuff they gve me for rls, is keeping me wired,,,5 am and still asleep andi took my ambien...thisis for the birds...heck maybe i should start chirping like one i would fit in///

sorry abiut your nec...do you use a ortho pillow? i can not live home w/o one///

jodie
  14. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

Well hubby is home! He woke me up when he came in. I guess I got maybe 2 hours of sleep. My kids are going to start waking up any second now so I guess I am up for the day.

Oh well, at least I know I will be able to sleep better tonight with hubby snoring next to me :)

They put him on a CPAP early into the night because he was having "problems". Guess he slept really good with it on. I am so happy he is finally getting this taken care of!

Next step is the ENT on Feb 10th to schedule a surgery date. He is going to have his deviated septum fixed and tonsils/adenoids removed. Hope he will be ok, it was really hard on our 5 year old son when they took his tonsils/adenoids in November. It did cure the 5 year old of snoring though!

Hugs to everyone!
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

yes my son still plays sports, but he told me a couple of weeks ago that if he had b fibormyaglia he wasn't going to use that as an excuse not to work...i said we'll see...

do you want to be a park ranger?

jodie