Anyone else burn up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Amyd, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Amyd

Amyd New Member

Is there anyone else that stays hot all the time? I burn up and sweat not perspire(real nice for a woman huh?) I've read a lot about being cold but I am the opposite. Even in the winter I am hot!!! Just wondering!!!

Amy
  2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

the opposite. I'm almost always cold, especially my hands & feet. dolsgirl
  3. Amyd

Amyd New Member

I know it's strange but I have Raynaud's (my feet). My hands also stay cold but the rest of me burns up!!!
  4. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

it can never be cool enough for me. I am always hot no matter what. I hate it. (Fm) Iggy
  5. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

I never use to sweat. I wonder if it is from all the Rx's I am taking. I have wanted to ask my doctor but always forget. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with this sweating thing. How I hate it, I sweat more than my husband. Yuk!!!
    HURTSALOT2
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have to have temperatures just in the right range or I am either overheated or too cold. In the winter I feel the cold especially bad and in the summer I can become nauseous from the heat. Just keep things at a happy middle range and I'll do fine!!

Meanwhile my mom makes sure to comment every day that she's freezing in the house. My brother is visiting this week from Lousiana, now THAT'S HOT!, and he has told her at least twice that it is really warm upstairs. That would be why I am often sweating when only resting and then go downstairs to discover the thermostat has been bumped up to 80!!

I am in the process of looking into having ceiling fans installed in the upstairs rooms in hopes of evening out the temps a bit.

Barbara
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am sitting in here, its 68 degrees in this house with a short sleeve shirt on, does that tell you something???

I hate the heat, and yes I know what you mean about the sweating. I have lived here 9 years and have NEVER turned on the central heat, the winters are mild in Louisiana, but we do get occasional freezes and now and then some snow flurries, but I will use the fireplace for heat I can stand in front of, not heat the whole house, I would smother to death.

I am a lot better than I used to be, but believe me, I will get hot in a second, and sweat like a farmer working in the cotton fields.

The a/c here is usually on winter and summer at the highest would be 70 degrees, then if I get a flash/flush I will stand under the ceiling fan.

You and I would get along just fine. Everyone comes in this house is looking for a sweater! I am not polite, I will not turn the temperature up, but hand you a sweater :)

Shalom, Shirl

8. Amyd

Amyd New Member

I think that it is sooo funny. I have been laughing while reading these!! I thought that I was the only one!! We also keep our house at 68 degrees! My feet freeze! I look pretty funny in the winter at home wearing big thick socks and shorts and a t-shirt!!! LOL!!!
  9. Kerplett

Kerplett New Member

For the past year, or so, I've been chronically HOT! I'm never in my car without the A/C blasting, even at 7:30 AM in the wintertime! In order to do any housework I have to turn on the A/C at home,too. When I'm out in the heat I can barely do anything without severe exhaustion, and of course, abundant sweat! I'm sure my home landscaping will all turn brown before the summer's over because I just can't get myself outside (live in So. Cal.). It is rare that the cold bothers me because even then I'm still hot.

You're definitely NOT alone, and heat intolerance can be a FM symptom just like cold intolerance, from what I've read/heard. Oh yeah, my fingers and toes have been constantly cold lately, even when I'm dripping with sweat. What's up with that??

Stay cool,
    kerplett
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2003]
  10. 99

99 New Member

Cannot recall a time when I didn't say, "I think I'm about 10 degrees hotter than everyone else." Drip sweat... so embarrassing. Sleep with fan on face.... Yep! Socks on feet!

Gail
  11. ozgran

ozgran New Member

I think my body is in a state of total confusion. I run hot and then cold, even through the night. Kick the bedclothes off on a minus night and then a few minutes later have to cover up again. Always have a T Shirt on and a jumper close by. It is so-o-o-o-o annoying. Love Ozgran
  12. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I'm not as bad as some of you, at least not right now, but I have been. It's all familiar from one time or another. (My sub-symptoms seem to come and go)

But I can't stand either heat or cold outside in summer and winter. I wish there were somewhere in the country where it stays spring and fall all year round. Deep East Texas is like Louisianna. I don't go out of the house much in the summer. But it's never as cold as I had to put up with all but 3 winters of my life.

JoAnn
  13. Jinx69

Jinx69 New Member

Hi! I'm always burning up. But I was outside in my garden, and it was about 90 degrees, and I had the chills! My temp has been averaging around 99.8. But even when it is normal, I am still very hot. I have to have air circulating all the time.

Does anyone have a fever all the time?
  14. CdnGirl

CdnGirl New Member

LOL! We all have similar if not the same symptoms.

I get really hot when I sleep. Feels like I have a fever of 103! My husband thinks I'm Crazy in the dead of winter and I have the ceiling fan going AND the windows in our bedroom open!

Does anyone find that when they are really hot, especially at night, that they are fluey and feel like you are going to vomit? Also, vertigo kicks in way more during our hot summers. I can't stand it.
  15. tansy

tansy New Member

didn't even realise I'd gone into the perimenopause because I'd been having hot flashes and night sweats for over 20 years. Trying to do any remotely physical activity seems to create heat (instead of energy) and can make me really sweat. Then a while later I'm chilled and shivering.

Can't tolerate hot or cold weather either. Feels like my body's thermostat, and ability to adapt to temps, hase gone completely mad and out of sync.

Cheers

Tansy
  16. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm a lot like your other respondents; my feet & hands seem to have a completely different thermostat than the rest of my body. This sure seems to be common for a lot of us!

Hugs,
    Pam
  17. debbym

debbym New Member

I can't get cool enough anymore. My poor kids and grandkids freeze. But I alway say you can put on clothes but I can't take off anymore. Of course I'm heavy and I also have diabetes, high blood pressure and etc. I have also noticed when my asthma acts up I need to cool down. I'm always singing the song, "I'm having a heat wave, tropical heat wave." Oh yea. I also am of the age where hot flashes or as I prefer, "power surges", are common.
    So I can't win.
    Laugh it helps
    Deb
  18. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Hot ALL the time. I am 37 years old and my husband keeps wondering what it will be like when I go through menopause. I keep the air at 68 degrees or cooler (of course when it is 90 degrees outside the air has to work so hard to keep the house cool). My feet feel cold to the touch but I am HOT!

Janine
  19. Carmellaf

Carmellaf New Member

It seems like I am either freezing or sweating.
    When I am outside this time of year I feel nauseated and extremly tired and when I in the house I am cold. LOL! Oh well I do try to keep the house an even temp. but keeping my body an even temp. is another thing all together.