Anyone Else Cant Sleep? 4 am

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Jul 14, 2006.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Ok this is ridiculous..it is 4 am here in the Boston area and I can sleep for the life of me. Am I the only fruit loop on this board at these absurd hours?

I just dont understand it because I finally found a muscle relaxer that helps called Robaxin. Im also on Mirapex for RLS. I know that it needs to build up in your system like an AD but my legs are bothering me. UGH!!! I never thought a muscle relaxer would keep me awake, but that is what has been happening since I started it. I may have to swallow my pride and go back on Trazadone for sleeping. Im so mad at myself because I was doing good for awhile with no meds.

Frustrated and Wide Awake,
    Stephanie
  2. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

Since my FM started to really 'show' and got worse in 2002 I also can't sleep. It's been 4 years that I battle to sleep.

The painmeds I use takes my sleep completely away. First the doctors wouldn't believe me untill they did a little research and found out that it can happen in some patients.
    When I drink it I feel so energetic it feels like I can run a marathon!

I think that we are super sensitive to side effects of medication.

Well, now I use Dormanoct to sleep. Funny, have to use another med to take the first ones side effects away. What a horrible cycle!

It's frustrating to be the only one in the house that's wide awake. And you can't really do anything because then you wake the others! Awfull curse!

Take care, and I hope you can sleep.

Fibrotears
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

It's almost 7 in Michigan now, but I've been up for three hours and off and on all night. This is unual for me as lately I have been sleeping better. I haven't had a night like this in quite a while. Hope it doesn't mean that it;s back!
    My lets are bothering me too! Steph, I hate relying on meds, but we gotta do what we gotta do!
    Hope you all sleep better tomorrow.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have dreadful sleep patterns but I stopped worrying about them and just sleep when I can and stop caring. Margaret Thatcher(who I disliked) and Bill Clinton(who should've known better!) both only sleep 4 hrs a day and so have many famous people.

I figure this is my lot. I am goping to a free lecture this week on power naps, which are said to be just as beneficial.

Love Anne Cromwell
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  5. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

I have had good luck with taking a Valerian tablet or two at bedtime. It calms me and makes me sleepy too. It is a common item in grocery and herb stores. It is cheap too--about $5 for a small bottle. It has worked better for me than some of my prescription meds.
  6. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

Dear Stephie,

Have you had a sleep study? There is an excellent drug called Xyrem but you have to have a sleep study to get on it. You take it twice a night. It puts you into deep sleep. It has really helped me. I also take 15mg of Remeron with the first dose. I hope that this helps you.
    For me as well as some of my friends Xyrem has been a Godsend. I hope it will work for you.

Good luck,

Sharon
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

It's 3:37 am where I live and I'm still up -- haven't even tried to go to bed!

That's because I went to bed at 1:00 am last night and did not get up until 2:30 pm this afternoon!! I've been really sick with an awful UTI and was hurting too bad to get up. Now, I'm not sleepy. But going to bed now, anyway! I'll just lie there and watch some TV!

Janet
  8. daynakb

daynakb New Member

It's 2:48 am here and I'm still wide awake. Early last week I went for several days and nights with practically no sleep at all and then this last Thursday and Friday I slept all day and all night, didn't even get up to eat! So of course, couldn't sleep yesterday and can't now either.

I've been alternating between crocheting a baby blanket and the computer. I have to do quiet things this time of night so I don't wake up the dogs. The big dog will go back to sleep but the two little ones think it's time to eat whenever they see me awake and moving around the house. So they whine and howl and run from one end of the house to the other, waking everybody else up too! It's hard to be quiet though!
  9. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i can't sleep either. it's almost 3am and i'm wide awake. all this week the insomnia has been really bad. i live in the chicago area and it just got really warm here, 95 today, i think the increased insomnia has something to do with the weather. i need to blame it on something and nothing else is different.

i read in your post that you take robaxin. i've been taking that med for almost a year and it usually amkes me a little tired. i hope that's not what's keeping you up. it works really well for me so it would really bite if you were having a bad side effect from it, i hope it helps you instead of causeing you problems.

i hope we all get some sleep soon.
    rachel
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

go to bed

jodie
  11. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Stephiebee, you're not a fruit loop!

For me, in times of stress, my body goes haywire. I had to schedule an appointment with a new doctor two weeks ago, and ever since then I've only been able to sleep during the day, and feel woozy and weepy all the time and have a hard time reading. Accoring to my notes (my memory doesn't work), before this I was going to bed around 4am and getting up about 1pm. And that was pretty good.

Sometimes I just want to yell, Let me out of this DD!!!!! Don't blame yourself. No one asks for this, and we'd all get better in a heartbeat if we could make it happen. I hope you will get some relief.
    (((hugs))) Shannon
  12. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I had just begun to have better sleep; then last night, was horrible. Just like most of you described. I did initially get to sleep (as usual), but then woke up at lAM & stayed awake for hours........by 3:30PM, it was bring out the big guns & knocked myself out.

I know for a fact that full moons interfere with my sleep, so who knows if other positions, or what's going on in the Universe also "pulls" on our energy. Just seems too coincidental that we all had the problem last night especially.

Interestingly my blood pressure was "normal"; not high this morning.............good side affect!! HA!

LIGHT***********carole
  13. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

diagnoised with RLS which keeps me out of the deep sleep stage. 3 or 4 years later it was sleep apnea, and for the last 2 years insomnia. Of course my c-pap machine is worthless if I'm wide awake. I'm still searching for an answer for the insomnia. Hope there aren't any more sleep disorders that want to kick my butt. I'm thinking about asking my doctor about Resterol.
    Barb
  14. Breel

Breel New Member

Hi everyone,

It is afternoon here in Texas now; but I have been going through the same thing all of you have the last couple of days. It is like I am just wide awake and it isn't bed time.

I have been up the last two nights until past 4am before I made myself lay down. I slept until 11:30am yesterday and 10:30 am today. It is frustrating and I have not been on any sleeping meds in a few months. I hope I am not going to fizz out and need something again.

I have been relying on my blood pressure meds only now and when taken at night the Inderal LA helps me relax and I usually fall asleep easily once I lay down. I have been on this type of betablocker since 2001. They use it for angina mostly, but it helps lower the blood pressure.

I do not even have a Doctor now cause I have been on unemployment since April,2006 and before that I was just in a mess being unemployed after 19 years on my job. Now I try to find work and no one will hire me. I have gone for the applications, but I never hear anything back.

Maybe it is because of the stress of the world right now. So much is going on that subconsciencely we are letting it bother us I am sure.

God Bless you all and I hope we can all get some hours sleep without having to waste any days just sleeping.

Bye for now,
    Breel