Anyone else catch flu bug and can't get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deadtired, Mar 19, 2007.

1. deadtired

deadtired Member

Hi, my husband , son and I (PWC's) have chronic drainage, difficulty digesting , headaches that never seem to cease. Having had CFS for years now, I know this is something on top of it' I'm wondering if anyone else has had a flu lasting several weeks now........
  2. NWmama

NWmama New Member

YES! I've been trying to find info about this all over the place. I've talked with several people at work who have been sick for months on end. Mine started in mid-December with an upper respiratory bug from hell. That lasted almost a month - had about a week when I felt fairly normal, then got a stomach bug and exhaustion the last week of January that has been waxing and waning ever since. I came home from work sick again tonight...

I'm getting so weakened by this that I can hardly think or talk straight! It's affecting my ability to function at work or at home in a big way and is getting awfully depressing. I hope we hear from others! And I hope we feel better soon!
  3. deadtired

deadtired Member

Hi, you responded to my question, anyone else catch flu bug and can't get rid of it? I didn't know how to find the thread until now looking at my profile. We are still sick with the same symptoms, runny feeling in the head , I think my husband eventually got sinus infection, stomach problems that seem to eventually go into diarrea and then the symptoms just come on back. We all went on antibiotics and guess what, they were no help! Anyone else have a this sickening bug?
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Starts w/weakness; then every symptom you can imagine...........on top of having CFS, Fibro & Lupus, there were many nites I thought I was outta here.<BR>
    Into bed at noon and don't get up til morning. Sneezing/post-nasal drop; body achies; can't walk, talk, think. Eye sight worsened. Just a miserable flu and "normal" people out there working complaining they've had it for months.<BR>
    Worst one to hit; just thankful I can stay in bed; no work.<BR>
    Guess things can get worse even with all the other medical conditions.<BR>
  5. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

for 3 weeks at least...<BR>
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Had Swine Flu and it made her very sick. She got better but it's back again.<BR>
    Love, Mikie
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

What are the symptoms of that flu? And how long did she initially have it for? When was the first episode?<BR>
    Cannot believe it! Poor she able to work while having it? Was there anything she took that helped her?<BR>
    What part of the country do you live in? Although heard people from Australia during their winter months that got hit with it. <BR>
    Did you not catch it?<BR>
    Guess I'm just wanting to get better educated about this, since it's my first time.<BR>
    Hoping your daughter heals quickly. Sending lots of prayers for that..............carole
  8. kat211

kat211 New Member

We are in CO. I am on my second week and my son is going on day 4 or 5 now. One of his friends was out of school for an entire week, which, for an 8 year old, is a lot. It has settled down hard in my neck and head. After day 4 or 5 for me, and my son now, it began coming and going with absolutely no rhyme or reason. One minute I would be doing ok and able to run some errands and the next Ill be flat on my back in bed not even able to pull the covers over me.
  9. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

at least in my neck-of-the-woods (Oregon). I had two separate bouts (I THINK they were separate!) of a flu with identical symptoms in the last couple months. This last one had me down for about a week, and when I felt OK enough, I went out to do some errands and had a relapse that night. I had fever, sore throat, more muscle aches. To complicate it further, that same night when my muscles were SO sore, I somehow triggered a shoulder rotator joint tendinitis, that created SEVERE pain. I still have the bug and the tendinitis and am looking forward to finally seeing a physical therapist for it this week.<BR>
    I am MOSTLY over the flu (or whatever), but recovering completely is a long-term deal. I've been affected by the latest bout for over 2 weeks. I now know several friends with it. I do not ordinarily get colds or the flu, or if I do am over them quickly.
  10. destinygsmom

destinygsmom New Member

The more death & destruction you have of your bodies cells from the CFS, the more noticible will be the extreme tiredness & exhaustion! I was diagnosed with CFS, not what I always thought of as CFS; as they know it hear in the US, but as has been discovered to be in England where my blood had been sent!<BR>
    See my posts, I'm new & feel free to post with me<BR>