Anyone else constantly receiving normal blood test results?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredTina, Apr 3, 2003.

1. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

I have been checked for every ailment under the sun, and no matter what.....the tests come back normal. I know that I'm not by any means "normal". The other thing is, that I'll get an abnormal result, they'll test again, and it's normal all of a sudden! This merry-go-round of results is driving me BONKERS!!!! Am I the only freak here or is this pretty standard amongst us fibrofolks???
    Thanks, Tina
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Yes, we are chronically "fine" according to test results; no wonder this illness gets no respect from so much of the medical community & general population. It is so frustrating, when we know we are NOT fine!

Here I am up at 3 am unable to sleep.....no we are NOT fine....

It is a merry-go-round for sure, and I don't have any great advice except to say that you are among friends here who KNOW what this is like....you aren't alone!

Very common for both FM & CFS.

Feel better,
    Pam
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I routinely get Blood work done every 3 month's, for a lot of reason's, and I'm always happy when they come back normal.
    What my Doctor is looking for , is inflamation in my body, how my Liver is doing, since I do take Rx med's. Plus there is still the chance, small, but a chance all the same of me having Lupus. So far so good.

I hate having the tests done, the last time it Hurt, I said something to the Vampire, that it felt weird and hurtful the last couple of times, usually I have no problem, have great veins, easy to see. Well she said that I had a lot of Inflamation going on in my Body. I was in a Flare at the time, and the time before, so hopefully it was just due to that.

My Doctor kidds me, that at least I'm Healthy in other area's, other than, OA/FMS/CMP/IBS/MVP, etc. lol

Sincerely
    kredca4
  4. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Here, here! That's exactly the way I feel, and why I did this post! For once give me some validation for feeling like I'm falling apart and can never be fixed! Also, give me a name that my family can relate to, and not think I'm a hypocondriac! I know it sounds crazy, but obviously I'm not the only one.....and in a way I'm thankful for that, but feel so bad that others have to experience this too.
  5. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

for making me feel less alone with all this crap that comes with this DD! I appreciate the understanding more than you can know!
    Tina
  6. lucky

lucky New Member

I was diagnosed with CFS 15 yrs. ago, have had all the tests you can imagine with few or no great results, and am sick as a dog all the time. I am still fighting this battle as many of you are which I find very stressful because I always have to justify my feeling ill to any doctor I see.
    Take care, Lucky
  7. Laura62

Laura62 New Member

Hi,

I am curious about the ailments you have described...for the last two months I have been having what I will describe as travelling arthritis pains...they go from my ankles to my knees, hips..and now my elbows wrists and index fingers..it is never in the same place on any given day..

Some days these pains are not bad..my knees and hips seem to hurt more when I am trying to sleep...other days, I cannot hold a coffee cup or open a car door without a jolting pain!

I finally went to the doctor who did tests for lupus and RA..which of course came up negative...

Do these pains sound like yours or not...??? I searched the web for something familiar but couldn't find anything...

I also have been taking Topamax for about five years, so now I/the docs think maybe it's a sudden onset side effect of that drug...but I wonder...

I also get extremely tired come about 4 or 5 in the afternoon...

Thanks,

Laura
    [This Message was Edited on 04/04/2003]
  8. Laura62

Laura62 New Member

Well Thank God I'm not a lunatic...hehehe

I didn't even want to go back to the doctor...I kind of had mixed feelings about the test results...In one respect it was nice that nothing was terribly wrong...But on the other hand I know that something must be wrong!?!?!

And it sure is nice to know there is somebody else out there who knows what I am talking about..LOL....Now..how about you come to the doctor with me and say...I HAVE THIS TOO...LOL

Actually, I am glad you mentioned a Rheumatoligist...from all the reading I have done, that seems like a logical step to take if this doesn't go away any time soon...

Thanks for your reply...I'll be looking forward to hearing what you find out!!!!

Laura
  9. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

I was wondering thru our board at 2:30. 3:30 and finally at 4 just made myself lay down, Really fun,eh? Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight, HUGS....PAM
  10. teller7

teller7 New Member

Man you guys are giving good information in here today. Everything is exactly what I feel. I can take sleep meds and 2 hrs later I'm on here looking for answers. Tell me, when you have the pain does it feel hot and burny? And it travels all the time. I almost feel like we're a sorority here. We are all like sisters. I have to lay down at least a couple of times a day to get through. Then late at night here I am. Can't relax. Yuk
  11. teller7

teller7 New Member

That is so frustrating when they take test after test and everything comes back normal. I've had two MRI's in the past month. The second time I was really feeling awful. Well, guess what they said the second one came out better than the first one and the first one was pretty good. Go figure. If the professionals can't figure it out we don't have much to go on now do we.
  12. KathiM

KathiM New Member

UGGGGHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!

Soounds like we are on the same merry go round.......

I must have had 18 vials on blood taken the past 8 weeks and all comes back normal except the sed rate which shows inflamation and then I take some prednisone and the blood will come back Ok.......

7 weeks ago I was in BAD-BAD shape........after going through tests etc......(normal for the most part) but my Rheumy knows something isnt normal.....he made the unconvential decision to try something on me even with out a formal diagnosis. he put me on 10mg of prednisone per day (whih I have cut down to 5 ) and also plaquenil... I think 300 mg 1X a day. I have been on this for 3 weeks and I feel sooooooooooooooo good right now.......the redness in my face is going away and the pain has decreased sooooooo much.........I still have some pain in my feet but minimal compared to how I WAS.....
    I dont know if this is the Plaquenil startingto build up in the blood or .............?????????????????????????/
    My irritable bowel is even better.
    the combo of drugs I am taking is for Lupus etc.

just for your knowledge......we can have lupus or ??? and still have negative results. You must get an innovative and caring Dr. though.

In the mean time I have gone through the sleep study and I am a NIGHTMARE with that ......so that is part of the problem also.
    Type in sleep studys and go to those posts !!!!

kathiM
  13. shylow

shylow New Member

Hi tired Tina, It took a whole year to get diagnosed with FMS for me and 9 different Doc.s
  14. CindyB

CindyB New Member

Tina, I am about 40 miles sw of Chicago. If you need a good dr. I know a few. E-mail me @ Beatatc@krausonline.com.Welcome to the board!!!!
    Cindy
  15. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Yes...we are symptom sisters as well!!! You described me to a "T". My pain travels so much, I never know what I'm gonna get! I have been tested for LOTS of things. Lets see if I can remember them you know with fibrofog.....Lupus, RA, thyroid, prolactin, estrogen levels, testosterone levels, blood sugar, that's all I can remember right now. But, I've had wierd things gynocologically. My CA125 levels were highly elevated indicating cancer, then miraculously went down to normal range, I've had 3 abnormal PAPS, but never in a row, the next ones are always normal. I've had biopsies done on tissue from my cervix that are precancerous and they just remove them. I swear to you I'm in the beginning of menopause and I'm only 30! Butno.....my hormones are normal. Have you had any of these? Let me know!
    Symptom Sisters,
    Tina
  16. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

It's funny that you added that we could have Lupus and not have a positive blood test, because I really think that I DO have it and no one seems willing to say so, cuz of negative results. Please enlighten me on this if you could...I want to have info to bring up to my DR. Thanks for your input!
    Tina
  17. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Hi, I tried to e-mail you and it didn't make it. It said that it couldn't find krausonline, so it was sent back to me. I double checked what address you wrote and I didn't make a mistake, did you perhaps? Otherwise, I don't know what happend! If you would like to e-mail me, it is all4martin@sbcglobal.net. Thanks, take care!
    Tina
  18. Laura62

Laura62 New Member

Hi,

I've had chronic nausia & bleeding colon problems...and had 3 colonoscopies that turned up nothing! I've had severe uterine pain...the doc could "feel something"...but the ultrasound showed nothing...pain went away...I've had every test in the book..from MRI's and EEG's (because I was smelling things that weren't there & driving around in a fog) to routine blood work...

I take Topamax for the smelling problem...that fixed that...I don't want to take anymore pills...I had a bad bad problem with a previous doc/pills/X-hubby...won't ever go there again!!! End of story! That was five years ago..

These "pains" that have cropped up suddenly...and I mean litterally overnight! and have not gone away, but only gotten worse over the last 2 1/2 months are something new...

But honestly...I went to the doc and got the blood work done for that...I can read what's written here...and I don't want to jump back on that medical merry-go-round again!!

So while the pain and tiredness remains annoying at best...I think I'll just deal with it...If things get really nasty then I think I'll check out what Nuccadoc has to offer! But no more Pills and useless tests for me...UH UH NO WAY!!!!!!!! LOL How's that for a rant!

Laura
  19. Laura62

Laura62 New Member

Hi again,

Regarding your abnormal Paps...I just talked to my sis...she is in her mid-30's and has the same problem as you...

She has been diagnosed with "some sort of Autoimune disease" and suffers with a rare from of asthma, chronic bronchitis...and alergies to animals that she never suffered with as a child...

And of course she suffers from depression and chronic fatigue...although she attributes the fatigue to the asthma which is a distinct possibility...

In so far as the abnormal paps go...she gets the bad readings...has gone so far as the painful biopsies (which turn up neg.)...waits the six months, goes back and gets a perfectly fine reading...

She has never connected the bad readings to the "unnamed Autoimune disease)...but it is interesting that you have the same problem...?!?!?!

I am 41 and get terrible hot flashes (only at night) I just figured it was all part of the 10 year beginning cycle of menopause...I had my hormones checked and they were normal...But for 41 I would think that would be a pretty common complaint for women...I have never had a bad paps reading!

But anyways...My sister said she will ask both her OB/GYN and her doc that treats her other problems if there could be a connection...will let you know if I hear anything interesting!

Laura
  20. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I have had so many zillions of tests. Even repeat tests for the same conditons, with no results. I am waiting to get Medicaid so that I can get an MRI to check out my lower back and vital organs in that region. And I have this strange feeling that they probably will not find anything. My doctor seems to think that I probably have degenerative disks but who knows? Hopefully somday they will find a way to test for Fibro, CFS. But until that day, we are going to have to suffer with making people belive that it's not all-in-our-heads. SSSSSOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!
    I also have had teh same problems with random pap smear problems. Sometimes they come up abnormal and sometimes not.. It's enough to make you looney, isn't it??!!

Love and Hugs,
    Kathryn

[ advertisement ]