Anyone else dealing with allergies? Does it help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tngirl, Mar 17, 2006.

1. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I went to an allergist actually hoping I had food allergies. I know that sounds crazy. My theory was if I knew what I was allergic to, I could eliminate it from my diet and my stomach would feel better.

Well, turns out I have no food allergies but am severely allergic to everything else except dogs and cats.

I'm on Zyrtec and Nasacort daily. I got the dust mite covers for my bed and pillows. I wash my bedding weekly in hot water. Supposedly all this will make me feel better.
    I don't see a major difference yet.

The doctor said I am probably so used to living with allergies that I didn't realize they are so severe.

My question is for those of you who have allergies and FM or CFS, how do you deal with it and have you noticed a definite improvement as a result?

Thanks for your help.
  2. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Hi tngirl!

In short, I have several allergies, some developed during my dx stage and some I've had forever: wheat, dairy, smelly flowers and such, dust, smoke, chemical sensitivites, etc., etc., etc.

For me, it just seems natural now. I don't go down the chemical isle in stores, can't go in a pool store, no flower shops, my hubby does the dusting for me (can't be around it when it's done), I wear a painters mask when cleaning, and basicaly avoid places with smoke, and not eat certain foods, obviously.

I used to feel like a "nerd" because of how I am with allergies, but now it's just my lifestyle. Biggest difference was when it was discovered that I had food allergies. Once removed from my diet, it did make me feel "better" in some areas, but not a cure all for FM/CFIDS

Hope this was helpful.

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki

[This Message was Edited on 03/17/2006]