Anyone else doing the Salt & C for Lyme's Disease?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Krista47, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

I keep trying to do the Salt and C protocol but it is too harsh for me. The article said to take up to 8-12 grams of each per day.

I can only get up to 4-5 grams of each per day, then I feel sick. My lower intestines hurt. I'm taking probiotics also.

So far I've only been able to do 2 days worth. It's not a sick feeling like a herx, but a pain in my lower abdomen. And I end up feeling like I can't drink or eat anything else or I'll explode.

I got the recommended sodium chloride from CMC that was mentioned on the web site "lymephotos".

Anyone else have any success?

Thanks,
    Kris
  2. neen85

neen85 New Member

Hey Tansy! Daneen
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

protocol for lyme, bacterial and parasitic infections but am not using it myself. I had the classic ion channelopathy problems and increasing my intake of natural salt two summers ago caused too many problems related to this. I have no doubt it's why Recuperat-ion is working for me.

What you describe is not uncommon, and whilst some are encouraged to stick it out my own gut feeling in these situations is to lower the doses or give it a short break.

Many prefer celtic sea salt, or similar products, to the recommended sodium chloride tabs; if I were doing this protocol I would not be using the pure sodium chloride tablets.

love, Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2005]
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I switched to sodium ascorbate powder after years of using calcium ascorbate w/ good results. the kick in the immune system was flattening. So weak didn't shower for 4 days and foul smelling stools.

It might be gentler for you. People who carry the kind of organisms that salt treatment would work on can have a heavy herx from it. Someone else posted they had a bad herx just from sodium bicarbonate (yes, baking soda) to alkalize. I myself did not react to this.

Jeanne
  5. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

Hi Jeanne,
    I read your other post regarding this and was wondering if that would make a difference for me. I can't believe the folks on "lymephotos" are able to tolerate this protocol. They made it sound like it was no big deal to start off at 8-12 grams a day. It almost makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.

I might try the switch. I do believe the salt does work and decreases the acid in the system. I just couldn't stomach even 4 grams a day.

I think I'll start with maybe 2 grams a day and see how that goes.

Thanks,
    Kris
  6. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

I'll reduce the dose and try Jeanne's suggestion and try the calcium ascorbate.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate your help.

Take care,
    Kris

7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Maybe that was a typo when you said you'd use calcium ascorbate, my suggestion was for you to use sodium ascorbate, salt and V-C all in one combo. didn't bother my stomache a bit either, just flattened me.

I myself am sticking to cal. asc. because I'm sick of overwhelming herxes.

Jeanne
  8. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

Gotcha! No telling what I'd have done at this point. I did have to look closely at what you said and I still made a mistake.

Thanks for clarifying.

Take care,
    Kris