Anyone else ever have all night freakout sessions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Aug 11, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

You know, where you focus on one thing that's bugging you in life and you obsess on it all night long and freak out all night long and totally make yourself sicker?

I'm freaking out over having to go to court next month. I'm scared cause my lawyer said if they get a judgment against me, thirty days later they will seize my bank account. That scares me to death. I don't have enough time to do anything much with the money. I can only take out so much and hide it for my bills and food. We're going to be filing for bankruptcy, but he said they could still mess up at least one month's worth of bills, I don't know about two.

The other thing that scares me is if they win this, they will destroy my credit for life. God forbid I should need to move, no one would rent to me with the words "didn't pay rent" on a judgment.

The worst part is, it's not even true and I paid early the whole time I was there. They're trying to get me for the months after I left by saying I didn't give the full thirty days notice. And it's going to come down to the judge believing me or not.

Anyway, that's my freakout that I've been doing all night long. And I know I won't be able to change whatever is meant to be, and all I'm doing is making myself sick and no one else involved is losing any sleep over it. I can't help it. I'm freaking out.

I'm the worrying type. If I had a million dollars and was on a beach on a tropical island, I would still find something to worry about. I'd be worried about a monsoon or something.

And making myself sick isn't going to help. I have to have some type of stamina to go in that court in a month. And I need some stamina to clean in here for an upcoming annual inspection. I'm scared I won't pass that either since it's nearly impossible for me to clean most of the time.

So I'm on a merry go round freakout. I get scared, then I freakout, then I get more scared because I don't feel well and I'm sicker, which leads to more freaking out. :( It's not the first time I've done this all night. It happens whenever something major or scary is going on in my life.
  2. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

I hear ya! I do this too. I really think that worry is due to childhood issues and perhaps a nutty nervous system.

Have you tried the herb "Holy Basil"? It is excellent for stress and worrying as it balances the stress hormones. I take from 1 to 4 capsules per day. I also take "Calm's Forte" to help with sleep, and L-tryptophane for depression.

I buy the Holy Basil online from Vitacost, Swanson, or Puritan's Pride. Puritan's Pride is the cheapest Holy Basil, but theirs is not an extract, it is the whole herb. Some people think that the extracts are more reliable.

When we (my significant other and I) declared bankruptcy, we were told to spend our savings on food, clothes, etc. No expensive, one item purchases. We have really needed that money since, but oh well.

I hope that you have a good attorney. I don't think that they can collect for all of the money after you left the apartment (especially if it is for several months) because they claim that you didn't give a notice. Especially if this is public housing. The judge would know that if you had that kind of money, you wouldn't be living in public housing. AND you are disabled. (Be sure to back that up with a doctor's statement). The greedy @#$!!

Good luck dear.
  3. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

i just had my inspection and was so sick I actually stayed in bed and just left the door open. I was so worried about my messyest room and the inspector told me that all she needs is a clear path to windows and things being sanitary. don't worry too much and ya know you can always change the date. they are usualy so bussy that they won't come back for a month.
    i do all night freak outs all the time. my hubby says it's my bodys way of releasing energy. I have found some music that helps me relax and be happy. I put the head phones on and cry.
    good luck with court, from what you say I think things will be okay. i worry about my landlord somtimes but remember he got his money from the gov and maybe that is what they are after because what we pay is such a small amount compared to what they actually get.
    good luck and keep us posted!
    calming breath and hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 08/12/2008]