Anyone else experience anything like this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IngaDinga, May 23, 2003.

1. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I get some odd symptoms during the night. It has been going on for years but recently it's becoming more frequent. Now, it is happening at least once a week and sometimes more.

I awaken feeling really unwell . . it is very hard to describe but something feels really wrong. I almost feel as though I am passing out. As I sit up I notice that my mouth is so incredibly, horribly dry. I do not sleep with my mouth open. I get up and rush into the bathroom and gulped down water straight out of the tap. All the time my heart is pounding wildly (it seems from the effort of getting up and getting into the bathroom) and I feel like I am going to pass out. I just stand there and drink and drink and drink as slowly the feeling passes. Afterwards, I still feel very weak ( but not like I may lose conciousness) and crawl back into bed.

Any thoughts? Anyone else experience anything like this?
  2. DOGGIETAIL

DOGGIETAIL New Member

ask pharmasist -or doctor
  3. smyle4moi

smyle4moi New Member

sleep apnea maybe....if you havent already you should definately be checked for this...if you are not sleeping alone ask your other if they notice you holding your breath in your sleep at all....this could be a real big problem that needs med. attention....i did not know i did that until my hubby said something...apparently i was scaring to death every night...he would just smack me so i would start breathing again...all i knew was that i would wake up really thirsty and mad because he woke me up....i though i was just snoring again...please check on this...hope you feel better soon...Lori
  4. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I have had this, and as far as waking feeling really unwell...I awake and feel like I have gotten very close to death !
    I do sleep with my mouth open and if I put some Vick's salve on the bottom of my nose it seems to keep the airways clear in my nose, my mouth stays shut and this does not happen.

Your dry mouth could be from a medication.

It has been suggested to me that I am having panic attacks in my sleep or that I have mitral valve prolapse of the heart. (not by Dr.'s but by friends)
    I had 2 sleep tests and nothing showed up.

Eventually I was diagnosed with a peanut allergy and since I don't eat peanuts and that happens at night very rarely.
    I often wonder if maybe peanuts were in something I ate and I didn't realize it and that is why it happens once in awhile now. (I have had this breathing trouble for 11 years)

Sorry I don't have the answer but I do know how scary it is.
    Take care