Anyone else experience this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lalania1970, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

I had a hysterctomy in 1994 for endometriosis. Well actually they took everything ecxept one ovary.They figured cause my age to leave one so not to go thru complete menapause at an early age. I have been fighting fibro for years now and I just had to have last ovary removed and it has made my symptoms of fibro worse. I have more pain in my bones than i ever had. It was bad but now it is worse. I dont know if it is going to get better as my body adjusts or what. I just need to know if anyone else has had simular experience. Also from high school to 2 years ago I only had to wear reading glasses occasionally. I went and had my eyes check last week and I know have to wear full time glasses with bifocols. The eye doctor said it might be a result of the meds i take and/or fibro. I didnt relize eyes could go bad so quick. She did say the eye it self looks good no disease or anything.
    Thanks for any feedback on this subject.
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

Didn't see anything in your bio as to age or meds, but my reading ability went quickly too. I have FM, but the optometrist had actually warned me when I turned 40 that it was an age thing.

I went in at 41 'cause I couldn't read recipes on a box or labels on my meds. I had never had any problems before and was not thrilled to have to wear glasses full time!!! Always just wore them for driving.

Now, I notice you said "from high school to 2 years ago"!!!! My mind is not good this morning!!! Kind of kicks the age thing to the curb!!! LOL

What kind of meds are you on? I take Lortab (pain), Flexeril (muscle relaxer), Amitriptyline (sleep and pain),
    Zocor (cholesterol), and lorazepam (anxiety).

Keep in touch,
    Shelley
  3. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

I am 37 and I am on NArco, lorazapam, trazadon, $ Methadone. The glasses are letting me see the world in a different light. I can see so much better. So maybe its just my age.